News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Where to buy an ECM relay ??

Started by Tiger-G, December 09, 2016, 01:07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger-G

Hi all  :icon_lol:

I've had a really good look on t'internet, but I'm struggling where to find a Hella, or equivalent, ECM relay for Tiger. A quick call to Hella UK and they say that the ECM relay was manufactured specifically for Triumph and they don't supply it. I can't seem to find anything suitable, so if anyone has any ideas (in the UK), that would be great.

It's Hella part number 4RA 940 010 - 71

I'm not up with my symbols on relays, but know it's got a diode in it, not sure what the little rectangular box is at the bottom of the attached diagram, and whether a replacement would need all those things in it ??

Any ideas please ??
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Vampyre

maybe stupid question, but have you tried to contact Triumph?
885i T709 1999

Tiger-G

Lol, that is a good question  :icon_lol:

I expect if they did have them they would cost (in best Austin Powers voice) "one million dollars" !!  :icon_wink:

Was looking for a cheaper aftermarket first.
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Sin_Tiger

It's probably a resistor in parallel with the coil to control the current through the coil. Not my area of expertise but try searching for "equivalent for hella 4RA 940 010 - 71"
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Tiger-G

Think I've tracked it down to part No: T2502109.

Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Timbox2

Quote from: Tiger-G on December 09, 2016, 05:48:28 PM
Think I've tracked it down to part No: T2502109.

I concur, about £18 ??  Fowlers have a few on the shelf
2016 Tiger Sport