News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Anyone used the ABS in anger?

Started by London_Phil, January 11, 2017, 03:52:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sin_Tiger

Lucky bugger, all we've got is blizzards and road closures  :icon_cry: Enjoy.

I can see that Chris and I'm sure you're right, just never experienced it myself, even abusing the XC off road in my limited cack handed way. In fact I've only had ABS faults on my cars.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Bixxer Bob

Just to sort of go back to the point. My Explorer is my first ABS bike.  Just after I got it, I came across a Transit van parked at 90 degrees to the road having just exited a driveway and stalled.  This was on a blind left hander at 40mph.  If I'd been on the old Girly I'd have made a print in the van like Hans Solo in Carbonite.  On the Explorer I grabbed a big handful of front, felt the ABS kick in and was surprised to find I could still steer so went round the van.

I am a convert.....    :nod
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

blacktiger

I can tell you that buyers of second hand bikes generally don't want non ABS bikes. When I wanted to sell my first 800XC, every phone call I got they asked "is it ABS" and as soon as I said "no" they weren't interested. So I ended up selling it at rock bottom price to a dealer. :icon_evil:
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: blacktiger on January 15, 2017, 10:11:59 PM
I can tell you that buyers of second hand bikes generally  don't  want non ABS bikes. When I wanted to sell my first 800XC, every phone call I got they asked "is it ABS" and as soon as I said "no" they weren't interested. So I ended up selling it at rock bottom price to a dealer. :icon_evil:

:icon_scratch:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Chris Canning

Same as electric suspension and cruise control I've no idea how anyone survives without them  :icon_rolleyes: