News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Swingarm spools

Started by Ron in Buffalo, January 14, 2017, 03:04:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron in Buffalo

I have a 1999 885i Girly. Has anyone put swingarm spools on there Girly? Any assistance would be appreciated. Ron

Timbox2

Not sure what you mean by spools Ron?
2016 Tiger Sport

JayDub

Quote from: Timbox2 on January 14, 2017, 08:14:30 AM
Not sure what you mean by spools Ron?
For a paddock stand Tim.

@Ron... I considered it myself but couldn't be satisfied that the weight of the bike wouldn't be too much at some point (mine is a steamer yes, but there isn't that much difference in them) the wall of the swingarm is about 5-6mm thick btw.

*Edit*  Instead I used the flat paddle type stand lugs which the bike had a tendancy to slide down, so I drilled the bottom of the swingarm and added an ally 'block' each side to stop it sliding down.

"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

Timbox2

I thought paddock stands were for sportbikes where you dont have a centre stand??
2016 Tiger Sport

JayDub

Or any bike without a centerstand?

Timbox2

Quote from: JayDub on January 14, 2017, 03:26:34 PM
Or any bike without a centerstand?

Yeah, I meant that really. In my Kawasaki days I used an ABBA
2016 Tiger Sport

Ron in Buffalo

Quote from: JayDub on January 14, 2017, 11:48:29 AM
For a paddock stand Tim.

@Ron... I considered it myself but couldn't be satisfied that the weight of the bike wouldn't be too much at some point (mine is a steamer yes, but there isn't that much difference in them) the wall of the swingarm is about 5-6mm thick btw.

*Edit*  Instead I used the flat paddle type stand lugs which the bike had a tendancy to slide down, so I drilled the bottom of the swingarm and added an ally 'block' each side to stop it sliding down.

Jay thanks this is an alternative I haven't consider.

JayDub

and make sure the stand has the weight capacity. :icon_study:

VABird

Think there would be any demand for a lifting bracket like JBQ makes for the Tiger 1050, R3 & T-Bird?
http://jack-be-quick.com/products/tiger-1050-2007-2017/
On the Tiger 1050, it fits here the centerstand would.

Measure the distance that the centerstand spread is, and I'll see if the 1050 one happens to fit. I kinda doubt it though, the 955 centerstand looks wider at top.
The ride might be fun, but in the great scheme of things, it's the destination that counts.
John 3:16