News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

front wheel orientation

Started by haggis95, March 24, 2017, 10:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haggis95

I'm replacing the front wheel on my 955 (due to a bent rim) with a super-duper new spoked wheel from an explorer. It's going to wear tkc80 and I'm mounting EBC rotors on it.

Question: Which way round does the wheel go? The shafts for the rotor bolts have a higher "collar" on one side than the other. I'm presuming that's to accommodate the ABS.

Is the side with the higher collars on the left or the right of the bike when facing forward?
There's a Tiger in my garage

Sin_Tiger

A quick visit to look at a bike in your nearest dealer might help. No markings on the discs.  :m That's as helpful as I feel today  :icon_sad:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

haggis95

There's a Tiger in my garage

JayDub

I don't really know what I'm talking about here but, is there a speedo drive involved? as that would be on the left...  :^_^ well at least I tried to help  :icon_biggrin:
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."