News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Stock Shock wanted for 955 lowering kit development.

Started by VABird, April 01, 2017, 12:35:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VABird

Jack-Be-Quick has developed a lowering link setup for the Tiger 1050, among many other products for that bike, Thunderbirds and R3's.
(WWW.Jack-Be-Quick.com)
The same need on the 955 exists as well, but a lot of guys do not want to spring $600-$1,000 for a new shock to lower the bike an inch or so.
JBQ seeks to beg/borrow a stock shock in serviceable condition to help develop a lowering setup for the Girly.
(Not sure if the cast/spoke wheel shocks are different, but it's a shock for the cast wheel models that I seek)
Expected cost to lower would be about $100-$150 while using the stock shock.
If you want it back, it will be returned in the same condition. It's only to be used for measurements.
I could use my own, but do not wish to disable the bike for as long as it'd take. (could be a few months)
Please PM me or email me at
JackBeQuick.TBird@Gmail.com
Thanks, Bob
The ride might be fun, but in the great scheme of things, it's the destination that counts.
John 3:16

Timbox2

The only thing I will say is that if you want a shock from Wilbers they state that Height adjustment is not possible on cast wheel bikes?? Just saying
2016 Tiger Sport

VABird

The ride might be fun, but in the great scheme of things, it's the destination that counts.

Timbox2

Quote from: VABird on April 05, 2017, 05:15:43 AM
Not Possible?
HAH!

No, I know, anything is possible, I think its a translation thing, they just wont offer it, but why?
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

I'll remain an interested spectator cuz the only real way is to do what BM did with the 1100s going the other way and cast a longer bottom eye or in this case a shorter version.

Go the shorter shock as in less travel means another rod and spring which of course can be done but if the price is $100/150 some one will be registering for charity status  :icon_lol:

VABird

DOH!!  I humbly eat crow!  :BangHead
Dropping the rear shock's lower mount point an inch actually drops the bike about three inches!
In my exuberance, I failed to consider that the shock is mounted about 1/3 the way from the swingarm pivot to the axle. If I could only drop the mount point by 1/2", I'd have it made, but not doable.
Looks like an aftermarket shock, just like the others.