News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

tyers

Started by tonytiger, April 05, 2017, 07:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonytiger

Hello just put anew rear tyer on my wifes vesper, is there a nack to tubles tyers I can'nt get the tyers to sit properly to get any air in them. :5moped :5moped

Chris Canning

I'll assume you have a decent compressor at the very least around 25liters,if you haven't then you've not a hope.

Either stand the wheel upright and put pressure on the tyre to seal it to the rim and if that fails lie the wheel flat and put a rachet strap around the tyre and rachet onto the wheel then put the airline on the valve.

JayDub

Wot he ↑ said... take the wheel to a petrol station and use their machine  :nod
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

Sin_Tiger

:iagree make sure you remove the valve core try inflating to prevent restricting the air up.  A little washing up liquid helps the carcass slip over the bead rib if you don't have any proper bead soap.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

tonytiger

Quote from: Chris Canning on April 05, 2017, 08:45:42 PM
I'll assume you have a decent compressor at the very least around 25liters,if you haven't then you've not a hope.

Either stand the wheel upright and put pressure on the tyre to seal it to the rim and if that fails lie the wheel flat and put a rachet strap around the tyre and rachet onto the wheel then put the airline on the valve.
Yes it's 25ltr 9.5 cfm thanks

tonytiger

Quote from: JayDub on April 05, 2017, 09:45:50 PM
Wot he ↑ said... take the wheel to a petrol station and use their machine  :nod
Tried that one their machine was not working

tonytiger

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on April 05, 2017, 11:44:27 PM
:iagree make sure you remove the valve core try inflating to prevent restricting the air up.  A little washing up liquid helps the carcass slip over the bead rib if you don't have any proper bead soap.
Thank You Sin

tonytiger

:5mopedDone thanks for words of wisdom