News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Forks on 2007 Girly

Started by oldboybob, April 05, 2017, 08:32:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldboybob

I have noticed my forks "clattering" a bit on potholes or rough roads. Is this normal for a late girly Tiger? Not had one before and don't know anybody with one to ask? It's fairly low mileage and wondered if the progressive fork springs are worth the money and would make a difference? Any advice greatly appreciated.
2007 Tiger 955i

Timbox2

Yep, standard on cast wheel bikes, mine did it too
2016 Tiger Sport

Sin_Tiger

Be worth stripping the forks, good clean out (opportunity to check everything as well), fresh oil and seals and see how that goes before spending larger sums. One step at a time or you end up going in speculative circles.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Tiger-G

Hi  :icon_biggrin:

Late model 955i's are renowned for clunking forks. Just accept it as normal for a British bike with "character"  :icon_wink:
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

oldboybob

Thanks everyone, so would progressive fork springs not be worth bothering with on this model?
2007 Tiger 955i

Tiger-G

Personally, i wouldn't bother with progressive springs, but a mixture of fork oil tends to sort the front suspension out. It's been a while since I did mine, so can't remember with mixtures, but a search will come up trumps :-)
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.