News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

H4 LEDs

Started by VABird, April 08, 2017, 05:40:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VABird

Has anyone tried these LEDs? Phillips 252W; 25,200 Lumens
Will they fit in the housing?
Overheat without ventilation?
Overload the circuit?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/H4-252W-25200LM-Philips-LED-Headlight-Kit-HIGH-LOW-Beam-Replace-Halogen-Xenon-US-/182500909275?hash=item2a7de6e0db:g:85AAAOSwc-tY1Hv1&vxp=mtr
The ride might be fun, but in the great scheme of things, it's the destination that counts.
John 3:16

VABird

So, with NO input at all, I decided to roll the dice and install these.
They fit, although tightly. I haven't ridden at night yet, so can't really compare them to stock H4's .
Due to the cooling fans, you can't use the rubber boots that were on the stock H4's.
I did wire up some other JBQ LED spots to the high beams as well, and some JBQ LED flood lights which powered through the high beam circuit, have a separate switch as well.
The ride might be fun, but in the great scheme of things, it's the destination that counts.

JoeDirt

Quote from: VABird on April 19, 2017, 05:40:36 AM
So, with NO input at all, I decided to roll the dice and install these.

Thanks for taking the initiative...  :thumbsup

I doubt if anyone on this forum has used lights with fans on them. :icon_scratch:

St3veP

How do you get on with the led lights?  I've used them before on a previous bike and am toying with putting them in the Tiger.

What's your thoughts on this mod?

abruzzi

I don't know if that auction is accurate, but 25,200 lumens?  Aren't normal H4s 1000-1600 lumens?

VABird

Don't know how many lumens, but they are better than stock, and have not failed yet. So....