News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Bike day

Started by Timbox2, April 08, 2017, 10:28:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssevy

I love my Steamer.
I am faithful to my Steamer.
I can say these things with confidence because they don't bring the Tiger Sport to the States.
I loved the red and black version a few years ago, but think that your color scheme is beautiful.
Just how good is it in terms of suspension, brakes, seat comfort, etc?
I already know the 1050 is a great lump of an engine.
Can you just tease us a little with your new Tiger's greatness?
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Timbox2

Quote from: ssevy on May 08, 2017, 06:51:36 PM
I love my Steamer.
I can say these things with confidence because they don't bring the Tiger Sport to the States.
I loved the red and black version a few years ago, but think that your color scheme is beautiful.
Just how good is it in terms of suspension, brakes, seat comfort, etc?
I already know the 1050 is a great lump of an engine.
Can you just tease us a little with your new Tiger's greatness?

Oh, ok then. :icon_wink:

Brakes are awesome, real hitting a wall feeling if your not careful at first, got used to em now, but ultra powerful

Suspension for stock shocks is, well, reasonable, but I've been spoilt with Wilbers on both my Girlies, its ok for now, but work is required.

Best stock seat I can remember for a while, and strangely,  although I dont have as much leg room, ergos overall are better than the Girly, for me anyway

But, you havent asked about the best bits, the fueling and ride by wire throttle, smooth, smooth, smooth but then select sport mode, and wa hay!!!!!!!!!

And then there is the handling and sheer chuckability, on paper weight is similar but the TS feels 20Kg lighter.

I still miss the fuel range of the Girly though, 220 miles was a doddle, I havent pushed it yet but 170 is about as much as Id want to risk, the light comes on around 140.

In a nutshell the latest Tiger is a slightly more sane and usable Speed Triple.

Did I mention I love it :icon_lol:

Taken yesterday outside my favourite Cinema
2016 Tiger Sport

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: ssevy on May 08, 2017, 06:51:36 PM
I love my Steamer.

I'm a slut  :bad

QuoteIn a nutshell the latest Tiger is a slightly more sane and usable Speed Triple.

Well put  :iagree
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

ssevy

Thanks for the foreplay😊
Did Triumph finally get the headlight sorted out?
I may not be big, but I'm slow.

Timbox2

Quote from: ssevy on May 09, 2017, 12:20:04 AM
Thanks for the foreplay😊
Did Triumph finally get the headlight sorted out?

Apparently yes (Not ridden at night myself yet), quite a few with earlier 1050's are now fitting the Sport Headlight assemblies as an upgrade, although its not quite a plug and play
2016 Tiger Sport

Timbox2

" In a nutshell the latest Tiger is a slightly more sane and usable Speed Triple."

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on May 08, 2017, 09:50:07 PM

Well put  :iagree

But what about with the full 140 ponies unleashed? Cant be that hard eh? Id better wait until the warranty expires though
2016 Tiger Sport

Bixxer Bob

Well, while you're waiting to see, I had a bit of a laugh yesterday.  My Explorer is loosening up fine and is much better now than when I first got it with 4.5k on the clock.  I fact it's coming up to the 10k service with Clive at the end of the month.  Anway, two up, I came upon one of those  fancy two seat, Jaguar F type things with the big red "R" on the back at a roundabout leading onto a dual carriageway.  I thought "I wonder if he'll...." when up came the little spoiler and off he f*cked.  "Game on" I thought.  Bloody hell that thing can shift.  I  was slightly losing out to him in 3rd on nearly full throttle until I hit 6k revs then started to haul him in again but very slowly.  I wasn't on full throttle because I thought if he shuts the throttle suddenly I'll hit him for sure. That logic doesn't really stand up to scrutiny but hey ho.   I red-lined then hooked 4th when he rolled off; as did I.  Neither of us wanted to go to jail I think.  A lot further on he came alongside at some lights and we had a bit of banter, both impressed with each other. But it makes you think; once over even supercars were fairly easy meat for a bike, but not any more.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

London_Phil

I recently watched a courier on a modern spaceship try it on with a 4wd Porsche thing down Gower st in London, which is basically a set of short drags.
That Porsche shut him down every time, no noise or fuss, just brutal acceleration.
Very impressive, very scary, much fun.
Courier eventually realised he was beat, and saluted as he peeled off in a cloud of rubber..
Not as interesting as watching a Citysprint Courier showing off with a wheelie down Baker St, which left him lying on the pavement, unhurt, but you could see the Stator through the hole in his engine case where it hit the curb.
Even the courier realised what a twat he was, and took it in good faith...
Nothing wrong with a bit of good nature engineering testing, but as Bob says, knowing when to quit is the sign of maturity....
Me, I nearly got my old Steamer up to 4K in top once, but as said before, having had big singles and V-Twins, my brain says noooooooo...

Nick Calne

It's bad that cars are getting faster than bikes now and not just sports cars but all sorts of saloons, estates and suv's too. Tesla S in particular is mega quick.

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Timbox2

Quote from: Nick Calne on May 21, 2017, 09:31:01 AM
It's bad that cars are getting faster than bikes now and not just sports cars but all sorts of saloons, estates and suv's too. Tesla S in particular is mega quick.

Watch out for Audi A6 Bi-TDI's too. Autocar got one to do the 0-60 dash in sub 4 seconds, quicker than an RS6!!! Tesla's though, Devils machine, whats needed is a big Solar Pulse from the Sun, that should F... em  :icon_lol:
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Quote from: Nick Calne on May 21, 2017, 09:31:01 AM

While on the way back from the NW200 last week I had a Tesla motor by us and we were nudging 3 figures on the motorway.

As for Audi A6's I've been trying to buy a secondhand one for the last couple of months I could  write a book about it  :icon_rolleyes: