News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New Bike day

Started by Timbox2, April 08, 2017, 10:28:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

So, up with the larks and Drove myself down to the station, then 3 and a bit hours later arrived at Staffordshire Triumph, Bob the owner actually picked me up from the local Station.

** Dont Forget to click the pics for a bigger version**

Nice showroom

Lots of Tigers

Here she comes

Pretty cool, I think

Jeez, Ann Margaret was pretty hot in her day.

I then rode down to Chris C's place in Brum and got fed and watered, lovely Bacon Butty by the way June, thanks. Then Chris led me out of Brum to the motorway, with a slight heart stopping moment when his Tiger cut out and refused to start for a minute or so, I then slid off down the M5 and got off at the Kidderminster junction and just let Mr Tom Tom do the rest, think I went through Worcester and then off towards Hereford. My she flies, and feels like a very nimble tall sportsbike compared to the old 955, Im gonna have to watch out, 3 figure speeds in 3rd arrive very quickly.

Quick stop for refreshment, cant remember exactly where this was, maybe some one recognises it

Very picturesque wherever it was. Sorry I didnt get any more pics of the route, I was too busy Grinning like an idiot

And there we are, another chapter begins, and again a big thanks to Chris for all his hard work helping this to happen.
2016 Tiger Sport

JoeDirt

Congratulations! Nice color... but I like a black ones. :occasion14
I'll miss having you fix our 955's for us... and Mustang will have to make a special bracket for the "Sport" version. :icon_scratch:

Timbox2

Quote from: JoeDirt on April 09, 2017, 01:14:23 AM
Congratulations! Nice color... but I like a black ones. :occasion14
I'll miss having you fix our 955's for us... and Mustang will have to make a special bracket for the "Sport" version. :icon_scratch:

Thanks mate, I'll still keep an eye out, there are good folks on this board
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Certainly the start of another era  :icon_biggrin:

As for my old girl she is becoming a law unto herself just lately so switched  to a plan B today and see how she goes,I'm working on the 955 and my other half is packing the XR for Wednesday to go to Le-Mans for the 24 hour.

As for the detour jeeze forgot that Southampton were playing WestBrom and with the local motorway junction being closed of a weekend certainly took some local knowledge and then some  :icon_rolleyes:

Hope you didn't encounter too many lunatics today.

John Stenhouse

Fancy popping in for a coffee Chris, I'm presently just outside Alencon, you have my number if you do give me a call.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Chris Canning

Hi John

We ride an odd route off the boat at Caen then down to Domfront and then to Sees just north of Alencon so we'll call in Thursday late afternoon.

John Stenhouse

Excellent! see you then. Sees, via the forest is twenty minutes from the house, give me a call I'll come get you.

Chris Canning

You meet Tiger owners in strangest of places!!! Even if one is in a Porche and the other on a BMW thanks for the coffee and help  :icon_lol:

Timbox2

Quote from: Chris Canning on April 13, 2017, 09:48:00 PM
You meet Tiger owners in strangest of places!!! Even if one is in a Porche and the other on a BMW thanks for the coffee and help  :icon_lol:

Where you now then Chris?
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

In the Ibis at Le-Mans mulling over our first decent trip on the XR with my Klim Jacket neither of which are a straight forward assement  :icon_rolleyes:

Timbox2

Quote from: Chris Canning on April 13, 2017, 10:14:45 PM
In the Ibis at Le-Mans mulling over our first decent trip on the XR with my Klim Jacket neither of which are a straight forward assement  :icon_rolleyes:

Never is, trip ok though?
2016 Tiger Sport

John Stenhouse

Yes apart from a slightly longer stop than planned for coffee and a natter with odd folk you meet in rural France

John Stenhouse

And neither of us took photos either

Chris Canning

The card work a treat John boy  :icon_wink: another grand weekend at Le-Mans,my secretary will send it back to you in the post :rrr

John Stenhouse

Glad you had a good un, no rush mate.