News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

05 tiger - engine install - gap between spacer and engine?

Started by mvg2, April 22, 2017, 09:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mvg2

Looking for some help regarding this gap between my lower right side engine mounting bolt and the engine. I don't recall any spacer that was there... however, I also have this bracket (which I put on the sale Nguni mounting bolt when I removed it) that nearly fills the gap but not quite.  Where does this bracket, that doesn't show up on any parts diagram or service manual, go?

Here's some pics

Gap between spacer and engine:

Mystery bracket:  center stand related?

Thanks!

Timbox2

Dont recognise the bracket at all. Think you'll find that the old steel frame has a fair amount of flex in it,following the tightening sequence the R/H lower mount is the last to be torqued.

As a matter on interest, when they went to an ally frame on the 1050's they used special adjustable spacers on all the R/H mounting bolts to take up the gaps, ally dont flex. Just like Charlie dont surf. :icon_lol:
2016 Tiger Sport

mvg2

Thanks for the reply. I went through the proceedure as outlined by the manual and have this gap. Think is I'm pretty sure the gap wasn't there prior.

When I googled engine mounting bolts I came up with ebay sellers who had that Damn bracket in the engine bolt as well. :^_^  what is that thing lol

Any 05-06 owners have this? I think it's part of the center stand assembly

The gap is pretty significant....

Timbox2

Quote from: mvg2 on April 22, 2017, 10:52:03 PM
Thanks for the reply. I went through the proceedure as outlined by the manual and have this gap. Think is I'm pretty sure the gap wasn't there prior.

When I googled engine mounting bolts I came up with ebay sellers who had that Damn bracket in the engine bolt as well. :^_^  what is that thing lol

Any 05-06 owners have this? I think it's part of the center stand assembly

The gap is pretty significant....

Hang on, got it, its the bracket for the rear of the exhaust  downpipes
2016 Tiger Sport

JoeDirt

Quote from: mvg2 on April 22, 2017, 09:16:50 PM

Mystery bracket:  center stand related?

Thanks!

If a picture is worth a thousand... what is a schematic worth?

mvg2

:><
  Never would have guessed it! Thanks guys :)

I have found the value of looking at the wrong schematic...Nothing! I was convinced it had something to do with the spacer and the engine mount bolt. Doh!

Now about that gap....

**Edit** just got back garage after torquing that last bolt. Totally right timbox, managed flex that steel to a great fit.

Thanks again!