News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Was the center stand standard on 2006 Tiger 955i?

Started by Wolff, April 24, 2017, 04:24:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolff

I relocated from Stockport UK to US a couple of years back.  Having sold my Caspian Blue 2005 before we left, my longing for another Tiger 955i needs much overdue satisfaction.  So, I see one for sale.  2006 model.  Low mileage.  Black.  Great condition. Reasonable price.  But no center stand in the photographs.  The owner tells me that "..it's stock.  It doesn't come with a center stand."  I thought that all 2005 and 2006 Tigers were sold fully loaded.  Panniers, heated grips, center stand all inclusive as standard.  Am I wrong?  Or was the stand an option in the US market?   I don't know who or what to believe.   :icon_confused:

Sin_Tiger

Can't say for sure but my own experience suggests that Triumph rarely supplied bikes with a centre stand as standard spec. Perhaps the one you got was a dealer special or one of these packages that they do from time to time.

Ironically the only new  Triumph I've had that came with a centre stand as a non factory option is my Trophy SE and that's shaft drive  :BangHead
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

HockleyBoy

My 05 and 06 both have them and I am pretty sure they were a stock item for the 06 model. They have been known to bend though so it could have been removed by a previous owner.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

JayDub

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on April 24, 2017, 12:31:27 PM
Ironically the only new  Triumph I've had that came with a centre stand as a non factory option is my Trophy SE and that's shaft drive  :BangHead
Thats so you can make it vertical - to help save space when parking it in JS's garage  :nod :icon_biggrin:
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

Wolff

Gents,

Thank you for your help.  I do believe it can only have been shipped with a stand fitted.  The next decision is whether to stick or twist with the vendor.  Trust is at stake.  A glass of vino now to help me cogitate.  The bike looks so good!

Timbox2

I wouldnt be 100% certain he's not telling the truth. Although I believe most UK bikes did come with the stand Ive just had a look at  original accessory brochures from 2005 and 2006, and the centre stand is shown in those brochures as an accessory??
2016 Tiger Sport

JoeDirt

Quote from: Wolff on April 24, 2017, 04:24:32 AM
Panniers, heated grips, center stand all inclusive as standard.  Am I wrong?  Or was the stand an option in the US market?   I don't know who or what to believe.   :icon_confused:

I knew I read this somewhere...

HockleyBoy

Quote from: Wolff on April 25, 2017, 01:23:53 AM
Gents,

Thank you for your help.  I do believe it can only have been shipped with a stand fitted.  The next decision is whether to stick or twist with the vendor.  Trust is at stake.  A glass of vino now to help me cogitate.  The bike looks so good!

Even if it hasn't got the centre stand, if the bike is good and the price is right go for it, you can still get centre stand kits if you want to add one just factor it into any deal you do.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Ider-Ho

Better late than never, maybe this will help in the future..... U.S. Tigers did not come stock with center stands or heated grips like the U.K. bikes did. We got them with panniers but the topcase was also an option. :m
06 girly, 09 V7 Classic, 15 GSXS 750, 14 DL1000A

JoeDirt

Yea, that was a UK publication that I posted earlier. Since the original poster was in United States... your answer may be more correct.

~JD