News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Ignition Lights

Started by Chris Canning, April 24, 2017, 05:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Put this down to 16 years of lack of observation!!! When you turn on your ignition count to 3 do your ignition lights become brighter??

Timbox2

As you know, mines gone, but it does ring a bell, probably after the fuel pump has stopped priming
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Think the technical turn is 'Trying to sort out WTF is going on'  :icon_lol: after it spat its dummy out on the motorway the other week with the lithium the conventional Yuasa battery that was 2 years old has also gone in the bin and I put a new fuel filter in this afternoon.

After the lights brighten up and the pump primes it's good to go which can take 3/5 second hence why the bugger wouldn't go when you were with me cuz I wasn't giving it time but there's got to be a relay somewhere on the blink or the ECU isn't happy but an interesting problem non the less  :icon_wink:

Chris Canning

No 30 EFI relay was the culprit.

Chris Canning

Bixxer Bob

Glad you sorted it Chris.  Not one i e er came acrisd.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Their were various red herrings along to the way!!! I'd aquired a secondhand lithium battery with a dubious history that went bell up was it the battery or was it the fact that Electrex say their Reg/Rec doesn't work with such???

I go back to my 2 year old Yuasa only to find that has gone belly up as well!!! I get hold of a new one  I'll side step the word buy!!! It's better but it ain't right.

Go into the wiring diagram and note their is an ECU relay which I hear only clicks seconds later just like the lights do!!!  I guess what does make a difference I don't have the 'I only paid XYZ for the bike and don't want to spend big bucks' the old girl has been good to us over the years and I'd have changed the whole wiring loom if I'd had too only a rod out of the bottom of the case will change that attitude.  :icon_biggrin: