News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger 955i pannier latch needed

Started by VABird, April 25, 2017, 11:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VABird

Anyone happen to have a damaged pannier with usable latches?
I have a bad latch. It is left of the handle (forward latch left side or aft latch right side would work)
Missing key is not important. Dealer says obsolete part, but Sprint latch may work.
Late 2006 model if it matters.
The ride might be fun, but in the great scheme of things, it's the destination that counts.
John 3:16

John Stenhouse

As far as I'm aware the latches are all the same for the clamshell type of pannier, I haven't seen any that strike me as different
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

John Stenhouse

Checked a couple on world of Triumphs site and the part numbers the same so any latch from the clamshell type would do. There were a set at Stafford, sorry we looked but didnt buy.

VABird

Except they have a little hinge pin for the grab handle. it protrudes either right or left and appears to be part of the assembly.
The ride might be fun, but in the great scheme of things, it's the destination that counts.

John Stenhouse

No they don't, just looked at mine the latch sits on the plate the grab handle is mounted to but there's no connection between the two. The part number is the same for Sprint latches, so must be the same part.

VABird

OK. Mine must have been adhering to the plate. It appeared to be part of the assembly.

John Stenhouse

It is bolt through the handle mounting bracket, but it is separate, did an e bay search all that came up was complete panniers and a lock set.

I'll keep an eye out if something comes up I'll grab it and send it over if it isn't too dear

John Stenhouse

Now that's interesting! latch assembly is number 10 in this diagram and as I posted before that's the part number that's NLA

http://www.worldoftriumph.com/triumph_motorcycle_parts_locator.php?block_01=&block_02=100058946-0-2&block_03=23605

But if you look at the Sprint carb model it comes out as number 3 and that looks from the diagram to be the same bit but is listed as a different part number that is available

http://www.worldoftriumph.com/triumph_motorcycle_parts_locator.php?block_01=&block_02=100066518-0-2&block_03=10166

Best part of fifty quid is a lot to chuck at a bit that might not be right, but I wonder if they have it?

John Stenhouse

VABird

Quote from: John Stenhouse on April 29, 2017, 12:06:41 AM
It is bolt through the handle mounting bracket, but it is separate, did an e bay search all that came up was complete panniers and a lock set.

I'll keep an eye out if something comes up I'll grab it and send it over if it isn't too dear

I appreciate that.