News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Electrical Gremlins

Started by VABird, May 18, 2017, 10:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VABird

Quote from: Timbox2 on July 03, 2017, 03:22:13 PM
I didnt mean on the cover, just in relation to it. Dunno your side of the pond as regards replacement, Ive never had to replace one on either of my Girlies

Depending on the point of view, the burn marks are at about 3:30 facing the inside of the cover. (forward on bike with cover in place.)

Just bought a SH847 "super kit" from RoadsterCycle & a Rick's Stator from Parts Giant.
Apparently, according to Jack @ RoadsterCycle the SH775's price just went through the roof and the SH847 is now the way to go.
We'll see....
The ride might be fun, but in the great scheme of things, it's the destination that counts.
John 3:16

Bixxer Bob

HAving had the fun of chasing dead rec / stator / battery round in circles ad nauseum, I recommend changing all three.  Costly I know, but you are at least starting from a baseline and with all new connectors (which are often the start of the woes).  While assembling, use some electrics grease, like the stuff boatyards stock.  It'll help prevent future problems and finally,  acheck the connectors rtegularly to head off problems.  Or, wrap them in amalgamating tape to keep the damp out.

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

VABird

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on July 05, 2017, 09:48:56 AM
.....I recommend changing all three.  Costly I know, but you are at least starting from a baseline and with all new connectors (which are often the start of the woes)....

Battery is fairly new, but may wind up in my 1050 that I'm selling, so may get a fresh start after all.
The ride might be fun, but in the great scheme of things, it's the destination that counts.

VABird

Job is complete and after a 100 mile test run, all is great with a consistent 14.6V showing at idle and 14.7V while underway.
No more erratic gauge behavior, and starts right back up.
I'll do a writeup on the install of the SH847 soon.

John Stenhouse

Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Sin_Tiger

Good news  :thumbsup

I suspect a few people will be interested in that instrument you've fitted, would you mind song a short write up in the Toys & Farkles section when you have a few minutes.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

VABird

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on July 12, 2017, 02:39:10 PM
Good news  :thumbsup

I suspect a few people will be interested in that instrument you've fitted, would you mind song a short write up in the Toys & Farkles section when you have a few minutes.

It simply plugs into the 12V adapter that I installed for my GPS unit. Available on eBay.
Most had either Centigrade for the temperature readout or volts only.
Thinking of carrying them on my website WWW.Jack-Be-Quick.com
Think they'd sell?

BTW, writeup for the SH847 is here:  http://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,16276.0.html