News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

TuneEcu timeout issue solved (sort of).

Started by mark44, May 23, 2017, 10:00:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark44

I had been trying TuneEcu for some time with no joy, until I took a tip from somewhere on the internet (may have been here I can't remember).

Basically I had windows 7 and a nice new Lonelec cable, and could connect to clear fault codes, but not to read my ECU. Every time I tried (and lord knows I tried...dozens of times with different drivers and settings) it would timeout at varying percentages. It even got to 80% once just to give me false hope..

So I tried upgrading to Windows 10 and I tried different drivers, settings, services stopped, etc etc. It still timed out.

Then the tip I found suddenly came back to me, which was to use an old laptop with XP and strip the software back as much as possible... which I did. Took 3 hours of my time, I then plugged it into the Tiger, clicked the button and prayed...and it worked..!!

I then read the ECU again to make sure it was not a fluke, and finally put the 10172 tune on (standard exhaust) and it worked, and the bike works too!

Finally after many many attempts with Windows 7 & Windows 10, it took an old XP laptop to save the day. Worth a go for anyone struggling..  :thumbsup