News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Racey Steamer

Started by Bixxer Bob, May 26, 2017, 02:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Clive Woods has been posting old racing pics.  Al lot of members will remember the racing Tiger

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Blimey that brings back some memories.

threepot

Wonder where it is now?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

rf9rider

It was on Ebay a couple of years ago, it sold, but don`t know who to?

threepot

Wouldn't cost a fortune to 'tune' the STD engine? Re jet carbs,change cams,not sure if you'd need to change ecu? Is it only the 750,and Super3 had different pistons?
I've got a head off a Sprint! :icon_wink:
95 Super111
96 Tiger

London_Phil

Wasn't that a Super3 with Steamer clothes on?, I'm pretty sure I read it was a Tiger in name only, still hot though....

Nick Calne

I can't imagine the std brakes and front forks made it into a race bike, or the standard engine when others in the range made 30+ more bhp. And if you changed the front suspension you may as well change the rear. So that only really leaves a tiger skin.

Perhaps they had balls of tungsten carbide, and they kept all the tiger bits. Which would have been brave beyond reason, but dog slow.  How did it get on racing?
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

London_Phil

From TriumphRat net from member from member t552 in 2010

"Basically it was a speedy but with tiger bodywork. or in other ways a tiger with speedy running gear. race engine with 39mm flat slide carbs. 125bhp at the tyre.
Anyway needless to say we won the race. Funny how in the write up for Performance bikes they said how they came in runners up. but forgot to say they were beaten by a tiger.
After. that we kept it as a race bike for a while. Clive would take it out at Brands hatch. Funny seeing lads on CBR600's looking up to see this guy on a tiger, she was a big cat.
Was great fun at track days. Clive would pass guys on R1's When he went by he would sit up as high as possible. I have seen many a sport bike go into the gravel traps when there ego got the better of them.
It was sold a few years ago so don't know where it is now."

Link for original credit

http://www.triumphrat.net/t3-sport-touring-forum/131809-any-other-speed-triple-challenge-bikes-out-there-3.html

Sin_Tiger

That's pretty much what Clive told me Phil , said it was a hoot to ride.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Madruss

1996 Granite black Steamer, ahead of 40 odd others owned
Regards Russ
An ounce of luck is worth a ton of experience!