News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Where did you go?

Started by DavidR8, June 28, 2017, 02:50:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidR8

Or more accurately; what did you move to after your 855/955/1050?
Just curious about whether people stayed with the family brand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Girly, stone stock!

threepot

Still got my 885. If I change,it'll be another Triumph. 1200,800 or 1050 Tigers,or the new Street Scrambler looks interesting? But my 'steamer's' such a good bike,I could pay thousands to upgrade,and would one be that much better? The 135 mile trip up to the tiger meet recently,my bike averaged 62.5 mpg!
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Misterplant

I moved to a tiger 1050 from a sprint 1050 as  my touring and general use bike-there's always something else lurking in the garage-then back to another sprint 1050, a late model cat d write off/repaired that was too good a bargain to refuse.ive had that three years and still have.
Having relocated to the wilds of the Shropshire/Welsh borders I missed the versatility of the tiger on cruddy roads,so when the 04 accident damaged tiger 955 came up on a certain auction site,I snapped her up to add to the sprint.in the garage during ownership of the above have been a hayabusa,several speed triples,a Yamaha mt-01,and a couple of knackered fazers,not all at the same time,lol.
Always a triumph in there though  :icon_salut:

Chris Canning

I don't go for the instead of route!!.

Bought a BM 1100s in 2000, swapped my 885i for a 955 in 2001,bought a K1200r Sport an XT660X in 2009 and then bought a BM s1000XR in 2016 and still have all of them and they all have their uses.

Nick Calne

You should go 'backwards'. Get a steamer. :rrr
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

DavidR8

I'm thinking about a switch to one of the following:
- Honda ST1300
- Yamaha FJR1300
- BMW R1200RT
- BMW R1200GS

I've ridden the Honda and the BMW R1200RT. Liked the Honda more than the BMW. That said the BMW was really something awesome in the twisties.

Hope to ride an FJR this weekend.

2006 Girly, stone stock!

Timbox2

Well, I stayed with Trumpet and  got a new RBW(Ride by Wire)  Tiger Sport, not sure I could go back to a Throttle Cable, let alone Carbs.
2016 Tiger Sport

threepot

Quote from: DavidR8 on June 29, 2017, 01:36:09 AM
I'm thinking about a switch to one of the following:
- Honda ST1300
- Yamaha FJR1300
- BMW R1200RT
- BMW R1200GS

I've ridden the Honda and the BMW R1200RT. Liked the Honda more than the BMW. That said the BMW was really something awesome in the twisties.

Hope to ride an FJR this weekend.
:icon_scratch:

95 Super111
96 Tiger