News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Oxygen sensor bypass

Started by DavidR8, July 03, 2017, 02:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidR8

Having grown tired of lurching along in the 2000-3000 rpm range while in traffic on my '06 Tiger 955i I bought a O2 sensor bypass thingy.
Installed it this morning. 
In a word: wow. What a difference. Smoothed out the idle and no more lurching along. Smooth as butter in traffic. 50 kmph at 2500 rpm is completely smooth.
So good. Not sure why I waited so long!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Girly, stone stock!

Chris Canning

I've had a long running love hate relation with my 02 spuffer because while it does what you say in the traffic kills the motor when your making an effort because it doesn't spin up with anything near the gusto it has with it removed.

Ossian

I've removed the lamda on mine as well, however, although the bike is running and starting just fine, I feel that I'm missing something. Should I have retuned, or done some start-up rigmarole to get the engine to self adjust or something ?

Bixxer Bob

Best approach is to reset the ECU by blowing in a clean fresh map using TuneECU then immediately fit the bypass thus locking the map in the clean condition.  It won't then tune itself to the optimum, but it won't hesitate as much either.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

DavidR8

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on July 05, 2017, 09:51:47 AM
Best approach is to reset the ECU by blowing in a clean fresh map using TuneECU then immediately fit the bypass thus locking the map in the clean condition.  It won't then tune itself to the optimum, but it won't hesitate as much either.
That's exactly what I did. My bike is fresh out of the shop where the ECU was flashed.

There might be a slight difference in how the engine spins up however I'm willing to accept the trade off.

2006 Girly, stone stock!

Chris Canning

Quote from: DavidR8 on July 05, 2017, 03:06:00 PM

There might be a slight difference in how the engine spins up however I'm willing to accept the trade off.

And that's thats rub,I'm lucky having an early 955 it takes me around 5 seconds to fit or unfit the plug its just behind the engine block and over years have tried it any number of times when I've forgotten what it does but always go back to stock but for any one doing lots of traffic obviously an option.

DavidR8

Quote from: Chris Canning on July 05, 2017, 04:22:25 PM
And that's thats rub,I'm lucky having an early 955 it takes me around 5 seconds to fit or unfit the plug its just behind the engine block and over years have tried it any number of times when I've forgotten what it does but always go back to stock but for any one doing lots of traffic obviously an option.
Its far better in traffic especially two-up.

2006 Girly, stone stock!