News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Recommendation for outdoor cover for 2000 Girly with Triumph Top Box

Started by ronhr, July 12, 2017, 03:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronhr

I am looking for an outdoor cover that will fit a 2000 Tiger with a Triumph Top Box.

I leave it out at my cabin at 8000 ft and the sun and other weather is intense.  It can get windy there also so a reasonably good fit is desired.

Any recommendation on brand and size would be appreciated.

I have looked at the Dowco, Oxgord and Nelson Riggs, but can't figure out sizes with top box.

Thanks,

Ron
2000 Tiger

JayDub

Don't know if this will help but just as an example, the XL size Oxford Stormex is an excellent, tough bit of kit... However it won't fit a steamer with a 45lt top box - but OK with a 16lt.
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

Timbox2

Im sure I was using a Large Stormex on my Girly but it wouldnt quite go over panniers and topbox, but would just about fit with one or the other. Im sure at the time the Large was the biggest Stormex they did, so in theory an XL should fit fine. Whats really annoying with Oxford is the sizing isnt the same on different covers, I tried a Large Rainex and it wouldnt go anywhere near it
2016 Tiger Sport

ronhr

Thanks, I figured the sizing would be different.  I have burned myself by ordering things and having somebody on a forum, say yeah I made that mistake also!

In my internet wanderings since the first post, I thought about building a motorcycle shed, but seems like a little too much work and expense.
2000 Tiger

Sin_Tiger

I use an ]R&G Adventure[/color] cover for the Steamer, I think there is probably enough room for a top box unless it's huge, the bottom rear edge might ride up higher but it's touching the ground without one. There's a document on their website with dimensions. It's stood up OK, the clear plastic number plate window has cracked but there's a flap that covers it. It was sat under an pan sided lean to roof though.

If you've considered a Bike Home folding cover, I'd not recommend them as the fabric was in tatters after one Scottish winter  :icon_sad:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint