News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Installation of the new SH847 Reg./Rec

Started by VABird, July 12, 2017, 02:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger-G

Another quick update:

I finally got round to doing the "Sasquatch Fix" with the rectifier wired directly to the battery. I used 10AWG wire and a 30volt maxi fuse and holder.

So at the start of all this without any modifications I was getting 12.5V on tickover, and about 13V throughout the rev range.

Then with a new SH847 rectifier on the bike I was getting 12.9V on tickover, and about 13.8V throughout the rev range.

And with the SH847 and "Sasquatch Fix" I am getting 13.1V on tickover, and a constant 14.3V throughout the rev range.

So an expensive way to gain 1.3 volts, but hopefully worth it   :icon_wink:

Thanks for your help everyone  :icon_salut:
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

Tiger-G

Well.... the fun didn't last !! With only 500 miles on the clock since fitting the new rectifier, the stator decided to pack in  :icon_sad:

I got a new one from Rick's Motorsport UK distributor, and all is well again  :icon_biggrin:
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

HockleyBoy

Fitted an Electrosport one to mine at the weekend, be interesting to see which lasts longest!
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Tiger-G

Quote from: HockleyBoy on September 24, 2018, 02:16:35 PM
Fitted an Electrosport one to mine at the weekend, be interesting to see which lasts longest!

Yeah, I did a lot of checking on which was the most reliable. Rick's seemed to get some great write-ups. Without wishing to sound disrespectful, the Electrosport one got a pasting  :icon_sad:

You know what's going to happen now don't you, lol ??  :icon_wink:
Safe Riding.

Regards,
Graeme.

HockleyBoy

05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Bigfeesh

While working on my pal's R1 t'other day, I noticed the RR is mounted inside the airbox, before the filter. What a good idea I thought! Constant airflow when engine is running unlike any of the triumphs! :^_^
Tiptop

Alan Brown

Well after a bit if research have decided to go with replacing the Rectifier on my 2006 Tiger 955i with Shindengen SH847 kit (Jack @  RoadsterCycle.com) also looking at a Triumph T3 Link Lead  T2500676.

Can anyone out there advise if the Triumph T3 Link Lead  T2500676 will be required or can I do without.

Thanks in Advance  :wheel

HockleyBoy

If you use the Triumph lead you just need the RegRec form Roadster not the whole kit as far as I can remember. The Triumph lead makes it plug and play.