News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Amperage of Blinker Fuse on 2000 FI Girly

Started by ronhr, July 16, 2017, 04:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ronhr

I am in the mountains blowing the fuse on my 2000 Girly 885i

It has a 5 A fuse in it which keeps blowing.  Internet search shows the 955i having a 15 A.  I just purchased this a few weeks ago and don't know if the previous owner put in the wrong fuse.

I can eventually find my technical manual when I get out of the mountains next week, but would like to have a working tail light for cars behind me.
2000 Tiger

VABird

Quote from: ronhr on July 16, 2017, 04:31:06 AM
I am in the mountains blowing the fuse on my 2000 Girly 885i

It has a 5 A fuse in it which keeps blowing.  Internet search shows the 955i having a 15 A.  I just purchased this a few weeks ago and don't know if the previous owner put in the wrong fuse.

I can eventually find my technical manual when I get out of the mountains next week, but would like to have a working tail light for cars behind me.

A bit confused as your title refers to blinkers, but you say you'd like to have operating tail light.
Fuse number 4 controls the blinkers (on a 2006) and should be 15 amp. There is a diagram in the fuse box cover that also shows that.
The ride might be fun, but in the great scheme of things, it's the destination that counts.
John 3:16

ronhr

I thought it also controlled the rear brake or tail light.

My fuse box shows the fuse but not the amperage.

Thanks, I thought it was 15 but there was a 5 in there.
2000 Tiger

VABird

Quote from: ronhr on July 17, 2017, 04:22:28 AM
I thought it also controlled the rear brake or tail light....
You may be right about that. I didn't check it.
The ride might be fun, but in the great scheme of things, it's the destination that counts.
John 3:16