News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Trophy & Rocket models to be cancelled.

Started by mat-tiger1, July 30, 2017, 12:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mat-tiger1

Popped into Staffordshire Triumph the other day to be told that the Trophy & Rocket models are to cease production. :icon_frown:
Anyone on here heard anything similar?  :m
All the best, Mat-tiger1. 👍
2021 Tiger 900 RP & 1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake) Bike history:- 2018 Tiger 800 XCA Korosi Red. 2015 Tiger 800 XCX Caspian Blue, 2005 Tiger 955i Lucifer Orange.

Nick Calne

I think that has been the suggestion for some time. The trophy is a style of bike that is no longer that popular and the rocket came out in ? 2004 or something.

Wonder what they'll make instead...
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Timbox2

Maybe they'll combine the two and we'll have a Trocket :icon_lol:

Or even a Phyket :ImaPoser
2016 Tiger Sport

Sin_Tiger

Trocket, I like that  :icon_lol:

Touring choice of Hobbits  :ear
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

threepot

Has the Trophy sold well? Euro5 ended the Rockets days?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Bixxer Bob

Clive was saying that the Trophy hasn't sold in the numbers they hoped; the trend toward adventure away from tourer co-incided with the Trophy development.  On a personal note, if like me who was keen on the idea, they thought "That's f**king huge.." when they eventaully saw it they'd have been put  off by that and the price.

Residuals are not good further killing interest (Sorry Sin)....
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

No offence, bought it to ride rather than an investment,  that and keep the peace at home. It's done the job as far as comfy big miles, and will probably do a lot more,  apart from a few niggles so I'm not complaining.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

John Stenhouse

If only it didn't have so many electronics, TPMS Sin?
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: John Stenhouse on September 29, 2017, 02:51:34 PM
If only it didn't have so many electronics, TPMS Sin?

Red herring, loose connector and Hungarian back roads recommended for you by TomTom  :icon_razz: