News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Stepper motor / IACV

Started by Papalobster, March 21, 2016, 12:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Papalobster

While adjusting valves, syncing throttle bodies and general winter maintenance the plunger from the valve popped out of the stepper motor. Is this just a case of throwing back in and running it, or did I booger it up?

JoeDirt

Probably not, as long as the plunger didn't come off, cracked or no longer spins in the housing. You should be okay.

If you run your bike with the airbox off... you can see it move. :hat10

Papalobster

Well then, I'll throw it back together tonight and see.  I couldn't find any info on it anywhere so I figured I'd ask.

Chris Canning

Oh blimey :icon_biggrin: there have been several cases of the stepper going boing!!,you might get lucky but the bike certainly doesn't like its stepper being messed with  :icon_wink:

Timbox2

ha ha, I didnt get away with on the ally wheel tiger and ended up buying a new stepper. But recently with the spoke wheel job I was also syncing throttle bodies and mine came apart, but it went back and although the first start up was a bit dodgy I switched off and cycled the ignition and it reset itself.
2016 Tiger Sport

VABird

OK, I understand this is an old post, but to use Bob Bixer's technical term above, my stepper motor went "boing"!
Now, after reassembling it, when I power it up, the stepper motor turns slightly, but not a full rotation. Is it shot?
Is there a better source for a replacement than the dealer?

UPDATE:

Had a heck of a time getting it to retract all the way, but lubed it a bit and cycled it on/off about a dozen times, and so far seem to be working.  :nod
The ride might be fun, but in the great scheme of things, it's the destination that counts.
John 3:16