News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Will Triumph follow Dyson?

Started by threepot, August 08, 2017, 02:46:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threepot

No,I don't mean manufacturing cleaners! But it looks like another range of 'new' bikes will be manufactured abroad? What does the future hold for Hinckley? Just R&D,like Dyson? All their manufacturing based in the Far East.

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/triumph-announces-plans-new-range-mid-capacity-bikes
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Chris Canning

The R+D has been down in Barcelona for years so if your talking about loosing such it's long gone,I'm not too fussed where they make stuff it's what they make that interests me IMO Triumph lost their way their copiers and they need to break out of that stereotype this 765 motor that is going into the Moto 2 bikes in 2019 will hopefully do the trick for them and lead to far more up to date offerings.

threepot

Thought all r&d was in Hinckley? :icon_scratch:
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Chris Canning

I go to a company right next door to Triumph 1 on a regular basis the days of seeing the latest model being tested on the road locally are long gone.

You can tell how long they have been down in Spain remember the hoo haa after the 1200 Aventurer was photographed and Triumph lost their never and made it even worse, with a re- design the photo was taken in the SoF that had come from the Barcelona unit.

Nick Calne

Which, if any, of the bikes are made there still?

Tell me it is tigers....
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Chris Canning

They still produce in Triumph 1 what the hell goes on in Triumph 2 I've no idea I used to hate going to either to collect press bikes because one lot would tell me the others had what I was after.

But as everything is built with parts delivered on the 'Just in time basis' they could still be producing anything,a short stroke 1300 Tiger with 17" wheels would do just fine.

threepot

Think it's the Exp 12,Speed triple,Rocket,and Tiger 1050 at Hinckley?
95 Super111
96 Tiger