News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Argh!

Started by DavidR8, August 24, 2017, 01:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidR8

We went for an extended weekend trip on our Tiger 955i.
Lightly loaded, two up obviously. After about seven hours in the saddle and about two blocks from home we rolled up to an intersection.
Off camber to my right.
Lost my balance and down we went as the bike was too far over by the time my right foot hit the ground.
No one was hurt and we stood the bike back up.
Second time in about 3 weeks.
Going to need to repaint the pannier over the winter.
Sigh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Girly, stone stock!

Chris Canning

Don't go thinking your any different from the rest of us at one time or another,hence threads on here about crashbars have a little more importance thank just another bling thread  :icon_biggrin:

Sin_Tiger

:iagree you're not special  :nap not that it'll make you feel any better.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

London_Phil

Quote from: Sin_Tiger on August 24, 2017, 06:29:05 PM
:iagree you're not special  :nap not that it'll make you feel any better.

Actually, we are all special, as are Heed crash bars.......

Timbox2

Tiger no2 somehow escaped a nap, Tiger 1 didnt, and nor has new Tiger Sport, but I wasnt even on that one when it went over :icon_redface:
2016 Tiger Sport

Sidk

recently i heard of a local guy who didn't engage the kickstand properly...  :augie

Timbox2

Quote from: Sidk on August 25, 2017, 08:41:50 PM
recently i heard of a local guy who didn't engage the kickstand properly...  :augie

Sounds familiar :icon_wink:
2016 Tiger Sport

Sidk

Quote from: Timbox2 on August 25, 2017, 08:50:39 PM
Sounds familiar :icon_wink:
i wouldnt know.. I think its one of those crazy urban legands one hears from time to time.... :^_^

bemusedinsojo

When I first got my steamer I did a low speed drop right in front of the house. I was so scared my wife would see and try to stop me from riding that I channelled superhuman strength then picked it up using my right arm and shoulder. Then couldn't ride for a bit because I had adrenaline shakes.

Bixxer Bob

As everyone says, we all do it.  And there is often a misconception that crash bars are for somehow miraculously saving your pride and joy if you come off at speed.  Unless you're Chris Canning they probably won't.  What is very much more likely is theyll save a drop or very low speed tip off from becoming expensive.  My Girly went down on my off camber gravel drive, no damage but had to get a neighbour to help pick it up; Explorer went down 2 up while doing a full lock turn at walking pace on the M25. Again, no damage  but a lorry driver climbed down to help pick it up.  150 quid or so for a set of bars vs goodness knows for damaged plastics.... go figure.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

I bought the Touratech for my Tiger as much by luck as judgment but how they worked !!!certainly tought me a lesson,when looking for the said on my XR 1000 saw a great vid of a poor gent throwing his bike down down the road with genuine BM crash bars yep their the ones for me then  :icon_biggrin:

Cuz at some time I'll need e'm 😜

DavidR8

Thanks for all the positive replies!
It took a good day to shake this one off. Mostly because I had my lady on the back and I'm hyper cautious with her on board.
All that said, 22 litres of fuel and a pillion on board demands absolute attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2006 Girly, stone stock!