News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Balancing the throttle bodies

Started by VABird, August 29, 2017, 04:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VABird

I'm interested in input from fuel injection gurus.
I think anyone who has ever tried to synchronize the Throttle Bodies on these (and many other) modern Triumphs have come to the conclusion that I just have. Yes, I'm a bit slow. Namely: it's a major PITA!
I (Jack-Be-Quick) have developed a system for synching carbs on H300s (late 90's to 2004 Keihin carbed 885CC triples - see pic) that does not require the removal of tank to check and adjust the carbs. I'd like to develop a similar one for the 995i's TBs since DealerTool does not support this function on these models (no MAP sensors).

What I know about fuel injection would fill a small thimble, so an informed answer to my question would help.

Can the Air Bypass System be "Teed" into for vacuum hoses to go to the JBQ bracket without compromising its or the stepper motor's function?

The challenge looks to be inverting the adjustment screws so they are adjustable from the bottom with tank in place.
I'll work on that.

Does anyone have a spare set of TBs (preferably shot) laying around that they would contribute to the cause? You'll get a free "Synchron-Ease" system when finished.
Bob

http://jack-be-quick.com/products/for-carbureted-models/
The ride might be fun, but in the great scheme of things, it's the destination that counts.
John 3:16

Bixxer Bob

The factory manual states a digital gauge must be used because the balancing is critical.  Digital gauges are lots of money so that's a non-starter.  I use the type that has rods in tubes, more accurate than gauges so near enough (imho).

The instructions for balancing state the IACV hoses should be removed and the gauges connected, then the throttle should be set at (i can't remember how many) revs.  Htis can be achieved by slipping an O ring between the throttle grip and the switch block.  I found this to be a PITA.

So I "T"d the IACV hoses and balanced the TBs without touching the throttle.

So, in my humble opinion, your proposal should work fine.  Good luck with it!!!
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

VABird

thanks. Next time it's apart, I may do that.
The ride might be fun, but in the great scheme of things, it's the destination that counts.
John 3:16