News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rear wheel swap

Started by JayDub, September 17, 2017, 10:50:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayDub

The rear wheel of my steamer is is looking grim and showing the aftermath of a couple of winters of salted roads.
I had what I believe to be a girly rear wheel on my last steamer, slightly wider, stamped BEHR and with stainless spokes.
Could anyone confirm the stainless spokes are standard, also which model/year its likely to be from?
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

London_Phil

Yes, mine was also from an early girly, with ss spokes standard

JayDub

Thanks Phil, so I'd be looking at 99/00 models...  I need some rocking horse sh*t too.  :icon_rolleyes:

tonytiger

Would it be worth getting the wheel refurbed

Nick Calne

You'll be lucky JW. (I hope)

Tried to find something suitable last year and ended up re-spoking / rimming the rear wheel. It was about £300.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Chris Canning

If you go the refurb route talk to Central Wheel they built all the Tiger wheels till they went mag,as for buying secondhand I put an add up a while back and said the next time I put them up for sale the price will have gone up!! Not realising how true that would be looking at eBay as these bikes get ever closer to collector status  various bits and bobs are getting more expensive stock up now.

tonytiger

I did buy a front wheel second from a place in Cardiff ( Tri-amphant)

Geoff W

I can recommend Thersby Motorcycle wheel repairs in Stockton on Tees, rebuilt my rear in 36 hours turnaround with new stainless steel spokes and good quality aluminium rim. They deal with bikes all around the world, so will do it by post. Very good job and very good bloke to deal with. ( Races classic Ducatis )
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

JayDub

Thanks fellas, it looks like a rebuild then  :bug_eye