News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

should I get another Girly?

Started by abruzzi, September 25, 2017, 05:52:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HockleyBoy

Quote from: Bixxer Bob on September 27, 2017, 09:21:59 AM
I for one remember you. Good to see you coming back to the fold  :icon_salut:

As do I, welcome back!
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Sin_Tiger

No one knows you from "Admin"  :mut

It's not my favourite colour but it does suit the Girlies. I had a Striple in that colour that a friend in his usual backhanded complimentary way referred to as "rocket propelled snot". I hear what you're saying about the purple bolts but genuine bolts ain't any better value than the cans  :^_^

Best of luck looking down the back of the sofa.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

abruzzi

I have a friend here with a Guzzi v11 sport with almost the same neon green color paint job.  We always teased that the color made mountain dew look natural.

Seriously though, silver has been my favorite color for the girlies, and was the color of my old Girly, but you take what you find.

Unless it was that weird pink that triumph did back then. Nuclear Red:

JoeDirt

I feel mildly aroused when I look at that picture... Is that wrong? :*&*

bemusedinsojo

Let me know if you want me to look at it. I can also meet you at the airport.

abruzzi

Quote from: bemusedinsojo on September 27, 2017, 06:54:14 PM
Let me know if you want me to look at it. I can also meet you at the airport.

Thanks for the offer.  I a little closer to being serious about it. I should know for certain in a couple days.

abruzzi

I came across another, this one in Reno Nevada.  I haven't called them yet, but it looks like the the front forks are dropped an inch or so, and the seat is shaved down reupholstered.  Which makes me wonder if something was hacked on the rear shock to lower it?  There are no lowering links for the tiger (since theres no links in the suspension) are there other ways people drop the rear?  Just cutting a coil off the spring?

At first I thought this might be a good deal, for a 10k mile bike, but when I add up the cost of new spring (maybe), new seat, new wind screen, it adds up to a bit to whip into shape.

https://www.eurocyclereno.com/inventory/2006-triumph-tiger-955i-reno-nv-89511-1976836i

Timbox2

My guess would be its just the forks and saddle, there is no easy way to drop the rear on a cast wheel bike. Also the side stand looks untouched and the bike would stand up more if the rear had been lowered
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Perfect example of someone who hasn't a clue!!! Lowered the seat and dropped the forks because no doubt they where having problems getting their feet on the floor probably couldn't tell that the steering had quicken up just a touch!!! all done on a 19" front hoop!!! frightening   :icon_rolleyes:

As for fixing? secondhand stock seats are cheap enough and a couple of minutes to ajust the forks.

Timbox2

Quote from: Chris Canning on September 28, 2017, 09:53:57 AM
Perfect example of someone who hasn't a clue!!! Lowered the seat and dropped the forks because no doubt they where having problems getting their feet on the floor probably couldn't tell that the steering had quicken up just a touch!!! all done on a 19" front hoop!!! frightening   :icon_rolleyes:

As for fixing? secondhand stock seats are cheap enough and a couple of minutes to ajust the forks.

:icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Mind you, with the stock rear shock probably still steers like a barge
2016 Tiger Sport

abruzzi

Quote from: Chris Canning on September 28, 2017, 09:53:57 AM

Yeah, none of the pics are far enough to see how it sits, but I suspect you're right that is was just the seat and the forks.  The rear could be lowered if someone swapped out the read shock--from my googling, at some point Hagon made a lowered shock for the 955, and a talented shock rebuilder could modify a stock shock.  My hesitation is that maybe they did maybe they didn't.  I'd hate to get into it then have to spend a bunch to undo the choices of the PO. 

I did receive some more pics of the green 2002 and it looks quite nice close up.  At some level I'd prefer the cast rims, and I do have a dim recollection that some people had issues with the swingarm cracking on the eccentric chain adjuster (though I think that was pretty rare.)  Nonetheless, I'm leaning more towards green.

Chris Canning

Doesn't look to me as though the rear has been dropped,looking at how upright the bike is on the side stand the previous owner didn't do anything with that either it even has the right!! Crash bars on.

I can't see the other in the ADV link but it would have to be a good one to be better than this blue one apart from the silly screen obviousley the previous should have bought a GT or RT!!!

John Stenhouse

Right colour though, I want one that colour in the UK, with the three boxes!

Howdy stranger, and thanks for keeping us up and running, real bummer about the theft. You've been gone so long folk wont know you are reason we have a forum. Welcome back to the fold, go on you know a Tigger suits
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

abruzzi

Silver will always be my favorite color for the Girly, that what my old one was and I loved it.  After silver I lean toward the more outrageous colors--the crazy green always appealed to me as does the orange.  Somehow the blue and black just aren't crazy enough.  (mind you, I'll take any color at the moment just to get the right bike.)  My old silver 2003:

Bixxer Bob

I zoomed in on the rear shock; looks pretty standard but an email to the seller would settle it  :thumbsup
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...