News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

batteries

Started by Spud Murphy, September 27, 2017, 10:48:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Maybe he had a lithium on while he was riding up someone's drive way  :icon_lol:

blacktiger

Quote from: London_Phil on February 05, 2018, 02:54:52 PM
Erm....BATTERY THREAD....

Not sure if Banter or otherwise, but  Attention Moderators....are we going a bit off topic here?......
I enjoy a bit of banter, but I've always admired TTriple for being primarily a resource based forum.

And then Chris Canning gets involved. :m
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Chris Canning

Ignoring Mr Luddite here the important thing to remember with Lithium is check that the Reg/Rec likes them the down side i've Had is with my Electrex supplied Reg/Rec when a lithium was connected the system didn't like it and their website now has a warning saying such.

One of joys of multi bike ownership you see a crossection talking about such temperature can certainly be an issue but I see plenty of other guys using them on a cross section of bikes.

blacktiger

Quote from: Chris Canning on February 06, 2018, 03:20:30 PM
the important thing to remember with Lithium is check that the Reg/Rec likes them the down side i've Had is with my Electrex supplied Reg/Rec when a lithium was connected the system didn't like it and their website now has a warning saying such.

I rest my case. Thanks for pointing out exactly the reason I'll stick with "tried and trusted". And that doesn't make anyone a Luddite just a darned sight more sensible than you.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Chris Canning

Other reg/rec's are available

Should have said aftermarket because factory fitted certainly do work with lithium.