News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Bar end inner

Started by Misterplant, November 05, 2017, 05:52:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Misterplant

Soooo,having finished beating my salvage yard Girly into usable shape, I noticed an accident damaged 1050 tiger on a certain auction web site,d catagory,mainly cosmetic, only one bid with the end in sight,so cracked open the piggy bank,and scooped it up at for sub three grand.
It's a 2011 se model,starts and seems to run ok on a very limited test run down my muddy track.
As before with the Girly,it's a tight budget to work to,but I've got a few boxes of random triumph spares festering away which I will ferret through for stuff like levers,grips etc.
So on to my first ask..
The SE has the same handlebars as the later sports models-black and tapered.ive got a busted bar end support,which I've got off,but a perusal of the world of triumph parts pages don't show anything similar.anyone got any  :icon_scratch:clue?

Misterplant

Pic pic of her before surgery began. :augie

Timbox2

Ive got a Tiger Sport with the tapered bars and there is nothing like that in the bars/ barends, Im guessing it must be an aftermarket part
2016 Tiger Sport

Misterplant

Hi timbox,ta for your previous help with the girly electric probs by the way,got there in the end!
I'm pretty sure these are oe kit.the bars are definitely triumph and the gubbins pictured screw into the handle bar ends which are threaded with the large thread as my previous pic.these bits sit outside the bars unlike a normal bar end arrangement,by about two inches old money,but are hidden within the grips,so unless you remove a grip,they look kinda like the end of the handlebar.
Il take a pic showing what I mean tomorrow.its a pain in the ass,cos it means you can't just bung any other bar ends on,because they are an integral part of the bars on which the grips partially sit...

Timbox2

Quote from: Misterplant on November 05, 2017, 08:24:42 PM
Hi timbox,ta for your previous help with the girly electric probs by the way,got there in the end!
I'm pretty sure these are oe kit.the bars are definitely triumph and the gubbins pictured screw into the handle bar ends which are threaded with the large thread as my previous pic.these bits sit outside the bars unlike a normal bar end arrangement,by about two inches old money,but are hidden within the grips,so unless you remove a grip,they look kinda like the end of the handlebar.
Il take a pic showing what I mean tomorrow.its a pain in the ass,cos it means you can't just bung any other bar ends on,because they are an integral part of the bars on which the grips partially sit...

Ok, but dont understand, my bars have a female thread inside and a long bolt goes through bar weight etc and just screws into it?
2016 Tiger Sport

Misterplant

I don't know if these pics help clarify...the jigger in question looks like the end of the handlebar itself,until you take the grip off.so the bar end bolt screws into this bit that THEN in turn screws into the handlebar inner..no idea why,and the nice lady I emailed at world of triumph parts,couldn't find a part number either.
Incidently,triumph hand guards are on special at the moment-£35 ex vat.but on back order.rather cheaper than normal price!  :bug_eye

John Stenhouse

Do the Tiger sports come with handguards? That's the only reason I can think of that might have that set up, is if the hanguard attaches to the bar ends.
Only reason for this was a issue I had with my Girly, when I put proper bark busters on it and switched on the heated grips they expanded sufficiently to cause the throttle to stick.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Chris Canning

I had a mail recently from Triumph B'Ham they have a pile of various parts laid out on the floor tanks/bars etc went looking old 955 bits but the parts are later than that best to turn up and rummage.

Misterplant

John,yep both the SE and later sports come with hand guards as standard so  maybe why this particular arrangement,but not why they don't list the part! :icon_evil:
Still,the wonder of looking up part diagrams online with a cuppa is a vast improvement over days of old,peering over the parts counter at a blurred microfiche,with some spotty herb,telling you,it's not available/got ta come from Japan,or just plain ordering the wrong bits :icon_eek:
Progress eh?

Misterplant

Hi Chris,that could be interesting,various other bits I need,though breakers are my go to normally.
Uncollected orders,that kind of stuff?

Timbox2

Absolutely no idea, my TS is nothing like that
2016 Tiger Sport