News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Noco Genius 'Start booster'

Started by threepot, November 06, 2017, 12:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

threepot

I've been looking for a while for something like this,just to aid starting in the colder months. Well,I came across this recently,and bought one. I've used it on my Super3,and it really makes a difference! Bike cranks and starts much quicker. I've always kept my battery 'topped' up prior to attempting to start the bikes,but you only get so much cranking power out from a battery? This gives 400 amps!! Plus,it's compact and transportable,can power mobile devices,and has a torch. Could save your sprag?
95 Super111
96 Tiger

blacktiger

Yeah, I bought something like this but sent it back because one of the uses I wanted it for was to provided longer power to my travel laptop when camping. Unfortunately none of the plugs fitted my Acer so it went back. Never got to try it as a start booster.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Sin_Tiger

My mate has the next one up, didn't work when he came to help me get the Steamer going after my alternator failure. Refused to switch on as the Steamer  battery was below 9V, couldn't figure out how to bypass the auto setting so we had to resort jump leads off the car  :icon_rolleyes:

I bought one of these  , not as high a rating but so far it's done the job when I needed.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

threepot

Apparently,pressing the 'red' exclamation mark button bypasses the 'safety' features,and sends a charge straight to the battery? Some good clips on YouTube of them in use.
This model has the smaller clamps. But it's not easy getting them to clamp on the small battery terminals! But you can remove them,and connect direct to the battery. Similar to connecting the permanent connectors of an Optimate charger,and the like.
95 Super111
96 Tiger