News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Want to get this '06 Girly but can't get the charging figured out.

Started by KnfMkAR, November 17, 2017, 12:32:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KnfMkAR

Yes - I'm a total newb to Triumphs.  I've had motorcycles for 20 years, but this will be my first dual-sport...*if*...I can fix the charging problem.  I haven't bought it yet.  Current owner is letting me play around with it before buying it. (good friend thankfully)

There is so much to read here I'm feeling very lost.

I bought a Stator to replace the stock one but once I took the cover off I realized it is too large.
Battery is good but (as I'm sure everyone already knows) only lasts 20-30 min while riding since it's being drained and not recharged.
Previous Owner let it sit for a couple years but they did take it around the block every few weeks.  Spent a lot of time hooked up to a trickle charger I'm guessing.
Only 9k miles on this '06 955i and I'm hoping to triple that and mud it up a bit too.

Can y'all get me started and pointed in the right direction?

Thanks!
Dan

Mustang

are you sure the battery is good ?

sounds like a duff battery to me

I find it very hard to believe the charging system has gone tits up at 9k

old age and batterys do not play well together on efi bikes

the ecu will shut down at like 11 volts and a old battery will have a hard time doing anything especially taking a charge .

put a multi meter on the positive and nrg post start it and the volts should be around 13 at minimum at idle . if so you need a battery is all

JoeDirt

VABird

The ride might be fun, but in the great scheme of things, it's the destination that counts.
John 3:16

KnfMkAR

Unfortunately, I've tested and retested the battery 5 times.  Different places.  Everyone says it's good.