Author Topic: Triumph Birmingham  (Read 204 times)

December 06, 2017, 12:30:14 PM on

Offline Chris Canning (OP)

• Sumatran Tiger
  • Activity Meter:
    2.67%
Have an email yesterday saying that the above is closing blah blah was trying work out how many dealers Triumph have been through in the area in the last 18 years!!! Can’t remember if it’s 8 or 9  :icon_rolleyes:

December 07, 2017, 07:59:07 PMReply #1 on

Offline mat-tiger1

• Cheetah
  • Activity Meter:
    0.22%
Well that was my closest dealer since Stratstone Triumph closed in Wolverhampton!  :icon_frown:
Now it looks like I'll be using Staffordshire Triumph in Stoke. (If they don't shut that down too! :nono)
All the best,
Mat-tiger1.

2015 Triumph Tiger 800 Xcx Caspian Blue
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i, Lucifer Orange
(Gone but not forgotten!)
1982 Yamaha XT550 (For old times sake)

December 07, 2017, 08:06:45 PMReply #2 on

Offline Timbox2

• Bengal Tiger
  • Activity Meter:
    2.22%
Well that was my closest dealer since Stratstone Triumph closed in Wolverhampton!  :icon_frown:
Now it looks like I'll be using Staffordshire Triumph in Stoke. (If they don't shut that down too! :nono)

I did get a very good feeling from Staffs when I bought the bike. If things go to plan they may be my local dealer end of next year
2016 Tiger Sport

December 09, 2017, 01:44:47 PMReply #3 on

Offline Nick Calne

• Cool Cats
  • Bengal Tiger
  • Activity Meter:
    0.67%
How does a city the size of Brum not support a Triumph dealership? That's odd.

December 09, 2017, 02:27:13 PMReply #4 on

Offline Chris Canning (OP)

• Sumatran Tiger
  • Activity Meter:
    2.67%
Having been out and about today  :icon_rolleyes: and been informed of Triumphs corporate plan i’ll Wait till others chime in as and when it becomes public,their relationship with dealers has never been great at the best of times but Jesus they’ve really excelled e’mselves this time  :icon_eek:

December 09, 2017, 11:19:41 PMReply #5 on

Offline SteveFord

• Tiger Cub
  • Activity Meter:
    0.22%
  • nOObie
Come to the USA, dealers are bailing like crazy. 

December 11, 2017, 09:01:34 PMReply #6 on

Offline Bixxer Bob

• Cool Cats
  • Chatty Cathy
  • Activity Meter:
    2.67%
  • I make the mistakes so you don't have to.....
I've seen a worrying trend toward putting bikes in with cars at multi-franchise dealers.  It started with Marshalls Honda in Peterborough.  I wanted plugs and a gasket for my Black bird and the staff genuinely had no clue what I was on about.  They were baffled by the fact that I was doing the work myself.  More recently I visited Lings at Lowestoft (Lings Triumph in Watton, just down the road, are very good mostly) and once again, the bikes are in the car showroom so I think the trend is toward that sort of sales pitch.  After all, they cost more than a lot of cars now..... :icon_mrgreen:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...