News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

idiot/dash lights

Started by Bigyam, January 23, 2018, 07:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigyam

Hi everyone , Has anyone ever replaced the idiot light bulbs ? I am struggling to notice the Indicator light in particular especially in bright sunlight ! and I was wondering if anyone had replaced them with led or similar ? i have tried these led bulbs in my car side lights and they lasted a matter of days , so i have not got much idea on them ! Any help or links to what you have used would be most helpful Thanks  :*

CaptureTheBeer

G'day Bigyam,

I replaced my dash bulbs with leds, 3 months ago with no issues to report thus far. I purchased mine for about 20 AUD all up from Jaycar (a radio shack type place), because I was too impatient to wait for delivery.  You could probably get it cheaper online if you're patient.

The how to thread is herehttp://www.tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,15153.msg117036/topicseen.html

Specific bulb sizes:
6 Warning lights 3W Size  T6.5 (aka "24") (2 yellow, 2 green, 1blue, one red)
2 Tach/Clock  1.7W Size T6.5 (aka "24") (I used blue some use white or red)
3 for Speedo/Fuel/Temp 1.7W Size  T10  (aka "194") (as per the Tach/clock)

Maybe drop the wattage on the blue warning light so it's not too bright when your running high beam. (Thanks KuzzinKenny)

The wiring behind the dash limits wiggle room to access all the sockets. I'd recommend not only removing the front fairing but unscrewing the dash as well to make it easier to access.

Oh yeah they are super bright even under the Australian midday sun :*

Cheers Dan

Bigyam

abruzzi

I have some vague memory about problems if you replace the incandescent bulb in the low fuel indicator with a LED.  Is there any truth to that?

CaptureTheBeer

Not that I've seen thus far. The only thing I've noticed with the fuel gauge is that it sometimes takes about 5 mins to register I've topped up the tank.

Likely though any problems would have been masked by the charging system issues I've had.   :^_^

Dan

JayDub

QuoteI have some vague memory about problems if you replace the incandescent bulb in the low fuel indicator with a LED.  Is there any truth to that?
That's true regarding the steamer, I would imagine the Girly could work the same way. The circuit needs the resistance of the bulb.... Or sumfink like that.  :qgaraduate
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."