Author Topic: Royal Enfield Himalayan  (Read 2697 times)

October 30, 2018, 03:35:58 PMReply #15 on

Offline Lee337

• Tomcat
  • Activity Meter:
    1.56%
  • nOObie (still)
Had an XTZ750 Super Tenere many moons ago. only about 70bhp & similar riding position to a Tiger. Tested a Suzuki V-Strom in early 2003 but still preferred the XTZ, although the V-Strom was a little more up to date.

But i wanted an experience & riding position similar to my old XTZ but more up to date & reliable. The Tiger 955i seemed to fit the bill (although I wouldn't mind an XT660 just for the odd trip off-road).

As for the REH, I've got an old mountain bike in the back of the garage somewhere, think I'd prefer that.  :icon_mrgreen:
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

October 30, 2018, 06:25:19 PMReply #16 on

Offline Timbox2

• Sumatran Tiger
  • Activity Meter:
    0.22%
I can confirm Chris's XT dont hang about, I once tried to keep up on a K1300GT on the back roads of mid wales, if there was a big straight I could reel him in, but in the twistys he was gone again :icon_lol:
2016 Tiger Sport

October 31, 2018, 10:21:35 AMReply #17 on

Offline orange99

• Tiger Cub
  • Activity Meter:
    0%
Back to the Royal Enfield - is this the model that has a 2000 mile service interval or is that their "Cafe Racer"?
2011 Yamaha TDM900                                                   2018 Tiger Sport

October 31, 2018, 11:28:51 AMReply #18 on

Offline London_Phil (OP)

• Cool Cats
  • Cheetah
  • Activity Meter:
    1.11%
I Think Its 6000 miles between services.

I Suspect a lot of the "I'll never ride one " sentiment comes from the people who have never actually ridden one, a bit like the Harley haters.....
I'm sure its not the answer to everyone's prayers, and if I wanted a motorway daily driver, I wouldn't buy one, but I've seen two in London, and got the thumbs up from both riders.
They seem to be liked for there offroading too.
If I get to the stage where I struggle with the dead weight of the 800, this could be a real contender for me, mind you, the new interceptor is a fine looking bike.
Pays yer money etc..
I actually dislike the look of the Triumph Scrambler, but I bet its a cracking ride..

October 31, 2018, 07:21:53 PMReply #19 on

Offline Chris Canning

• Sumatran Tiger
  • Activity Meter:
    1.56%

I'm sure its not the answer to everyone's prayers

You are not kidding  :icon_biggrin:

November 05, 2018, 11:44:04 AMReply #20 on

Offline orange99

• Tiger Cub
  • Activity Meter:
    0%
I just checked and  from the bennetts insurance review  you need to have the valves checked every 3000 miles to keep the warranty although general servicing is every 6000 miles.

I guess what we need to remember is that it is being pitched against the 300cc models from Japan and Germany, not bikes for £9k +

I Suspect a lot of the "I'll never ride one " sentiment comes from the people who have never actually ridden one, a bit like the Harley haters.....
I'm sure its not the answer to everyone's prayers, and if I wanted a motorway daily driver, I wouldn't buy one, but I've seen two in London, and got the thumbs up from both riders.
They seem to be liked for there offroading too.
If I get to the stage where I struggle with the dead weight of the 800, this could be a real contender for me, mind you, the new interceptor is a fine looking bike.
Pays yer money etc..
I actually dislike the look of the Triumph Scrambler, but I bet its a cracking ride..
2011 Yamaha TDM900                                                   2018 Tiger Sport