News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Air filter

Started by Bigyam, February 28, 2018, 11:54:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigyam

Hi all, How much is a standard air filter for the 955i 2001 in the U.K. Looked on flea bay but they only seem to have K&N type at £40-£50 a shot ,  Anyone have any links to where i could get one as my nearest dealer is miles away ..Thanks in advance.

HockleyBoy

05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Timbox2

Yep, £29.46 is proper price, Fowlers Bristol have them on the shelf and do mail order, but your probably looking at £35 with postage, Jack Lilley will be similar. Im sure I looked into this before and nobody does a pattern filter, so yeah, Its K&N or Genuine, or go left field and go DNA ( More bucks though) No brainer really though, £7 extra for K&N???
2016 Tiger Sport

Bigyam

Thanks Chaps , do they run ok with a K&N any need to alter fuelling ?

Timbox2

Quote from: Bigyam on February 28, 2018, 06:34:02 PM
Thanks Chaps , do they run ok with a K&N any need to alter fuelling ?

As long as your running the TOR map should be fine, well,  as fine as a 955 runs, and like mine will depend on an array of things including like if there is a letter D in the month. Great thing about the 955, you never knew how it would run one day to the next, ok Im being a bit unkind, both mine ran fairly well most of the time :icon_biggrin:

PS: Forgot, although I never personally got round to doing it the airbox mod might be worth doing with the K&N, its covered somewhere in the annals, and then you want the 19t Front sprocket, blimey, getting carried away, its like the old days, eh Chris :icon_wink:
2016 Tiger Sport

AndyT

I ran into the same issue and went for the k&n and also went for a Delkevic carbon can and loaded the tor map and the bike runs a ton better, deffinately cleaner picking up when you cracking the throttle. It idles smoother too.  I'm pleased.
If at first you don't succeed ... then skydiving is not for you :)