News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Red X..and the like?

Started by threepot, March 10, 2018, 09:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threepot

Don't know your thoughts on this stuff,but I've been using it in my Steamer for a few weeks now,and I'm sure it's made a difference in the way the bike is performing? It seems to start much quicker,idles better,and engine response is much crisper ,and smoother?? Worth a try..see what you think?

Ps..if your looking for ethanol free petrol in the UK,Esso Supreme 97,does not contain any? And i have an email from them to confirm.
95 Super111
96 Tiger

Nick Calne

I agree. I'm never quite sure if it is psychological but I put redex in the bike at the end of the year, and when it comes out to play again for a few weeks and it seems to help as you suggest.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Nick Calne

Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

tonytiger

Another good one apparently is STP ?

Timbox2

Back in the 70's I can remember some garages giving free shots of "UCL" (Upper Cylinder Lubricant) when you filled up. My Dad used to say that was Redex under a different name
2016 Tiger Sport

HockleyBoy

I stick some in the Girly from time to time (and the diesel variant in my Landrover) don't know if it really helps or not but both seem slightly better afterwards, Again could be psychological!
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

JayDub

Quote from: Timbox2 on March 12, 2018, 09:47:13 AM
Back in the 70's I can remember some garages giving free shots of "UCL" (Upper Cylinder Lubricant) when you filled up. My Dad used to say that was Redex under a different name
I remember that, but thought it was to do with the introduction of unleaded fuel.
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

Timbox2

Quote from: JayDub on March 12, 2018, 01:44:10 PM
I remember that, but thought it was to do with the introduction of unleaded fuel.

Ummm, maybe your right there, long time ago.
2016 Tiger Sport

tankerman

Unleaded was introduced in the mid eighties. I worked on a garage forecourt when I was 16, (when we used to serve customers) In the mid sixties, and redex was 1d a shot, usually 1 shot per gallon.

I'll get my very old anorak. :augie

JayDub

I remember trying unleaded in my Vauxhall Viva in 1978? it didn't like it though.... it caused terrible 'pinking' - even with the timing tweeked.
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

threepot

Read somewhere that most of these additives contain Naphtha? Basically camping stove fuel?
95 Super111
96 Tiger