News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

OEM Counter Sprocket for 2006 Tiger -Rubber dampener?

Started by Linux_Tyro, April 21, 2018, 06:54:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linux_Tyro

Hoping someone can tell me if the OEM counter sprocket has a rubber dampener? My local parts clerks are unsure so thought I'd ask here.

I'm looking at a sprocket and chain set from sprocketcenter.com but they tell me that their set does not have the rubber dampener.

Also, should I order new washer and tab locking washer?

Bike has 15k miles. She sat in a shed for a long time and I'm noticing the chain start to kink no matter how much I clean and lube it. So I'm going to replace with a d.I.d. 530 and JT sprockets.

Thanks

Timbox2

Yep, OE sprocket has dampener, some aftermarket co's do the sprocket with dampener, Ognibene being one. I would fit a new tab washer although many just bend another bit up.  The nut may just fall off, or more likely be welded tight, be prepared with a 3ft breaker bar and a friend.

Oh and while your there you might want to check the seal behind the sprocket, rust could have built up on the end of the output shaft and damaged the seal, easy enough to replace
2016 Tiger Sport

Linux_Tyro

Quote from: Timbox2 on April 21, 2018, 08:30:59 PM
Yep, OE sprocket has dampener, some aftermarket co's do the sprocket with dampener, Ognibene being one. I would fit a new tab washer although many just bend another bit up.  The nut may just fall off, or more likely be welded tight, be prepared with a 3ft breaker bar and a friend.

Oh and while your there you might want to check the seal behind the sprocket, rust could have built up on the end of the output shaft and damaged the seal, easy enough to replace

Ah, okay. I just ordered the kit from sprocketcenter.com but will now call my local dealer and order the front sprocket and tab washer as well. Thanks.

I'll post back once the parts come in.

Thanks again.