News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Bike 1, Bambi 0

Started by Carl, May 15, 2018, 12:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl

New record for me .Only had my Tiger for just over 3 days and hit a deer coming back from work last night. Doing 60 when I saw it, grabbed my brakes then hit it square on. Somehow I managed to stay on the bike. Poor Bambi had a broken neck, bike had broken mudguard. Feeling very relieved I didn't drop the bike.

HockleyBoy

Sounds like you were lucky, could have been nasty. Shame about the deer though.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Carl

It is sad about the deer. Hate seeing animals suffer.

Timbox2

Sad, but its why I wont ride up the Forest of Dean at night, Deer are one thing, a fully grown Wild Boar is another, pretty sure the Boar would win
2016 Tiger Sport

Nick Calne

Bad enough in the car, but hitting one on the bike. Blimey!

Was it instantly dead or did it do the stagger into the bushes and completely vanish thing they do?
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Carl

I think it died pretty much straight away.  It's neck was twisted right round. It was moving it's hind legs but I think that would just be reflex.

Nick Calne

Nasty business.

Got yourself a new mudgaurd yet?
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Carl

Not yet mate. Going to order soon. £108!