News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Anything I can do to reduce the turbulence I'm feeling above 80 miles an hour?

Started by amockalypsenow, May 21, 2018, 07:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amockalypsenow

So at high speeds (which we drive at here in california) theres a slight fork/frontend wobble/and the cowl is turbulent...

I'm doing research through old threads but havent seen anything related to this. I'd love some advice on how to smooth her out.

Bike: 05 955I w/100,000 miles, looking at doing 900,000 more.

Chris Canning

You haven't been looking very hard must be more posts on here about wind turbulence off the screen than any other subject,i'm One of the lucky ones that loves the stock screen but their ain't many.

Timbox2

Oh, and if the suspension is still stock, no wonder it wobbles above 80, new they werent that much better
2016 Tiger Sport

SteveFord

Mustang

Quote from: amockalypsenow on May 21, 2018, 07:49:20 PM
So at high speeds (which we drive at here in california) theres a slight fork/frontend wobble/and the cowl is turbulent...

I'm doing research through old threads but havent seen anything related to this. I'd love some advice on how to smooth her out.

Bike: 05 955I w/100,000 miles, looking at doing 900,000 more.
that's how you know when you are haulin' ass .............
she starts to do the dance ....................bwahahaha , give her some more  :bug_eye

haggis95

I just got the MRA vario screen - I'll report back when I've  done some miles.

Recently I swapped out the fork innards for progressive fork springs and Gold Cartridge Emulators - the weave has gone.
There's a Tiger in my garage

Jon H.

I have a MRA Vario which is very good, a Palmer which is better, but the single best thing I did to help get rid of turbulence was to replace the stock mirrors with streamlined ones.
2001 Triumph Tiger - Black
1971 Norton Commando - Black
1983 Moto Guzzi LeMans lll - Red
2009 Suzuki DL 650S - Black