News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Center stand compatibility - 885i

Started by tri650, May 22, 2018, 06:45:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tri650

I have been looking for a center stand for my 2000 885i without luck.  I understand the 955i won't fit.  I tried to find a part number but was unable through Bike Bandit as it did not show any center stand for the 00-01 885i version.

Anyway, I saw a center stand for a 96 900 Trident and wondering if anyone knows if this will fit the Tiger.  I guess I could look at the frame numbers but wondering if the various models of those years had interchangeable center stands.

Timbox2

885i and early 955i Tigers(Wire wheels) are the same mate, old part no for kit was A9758006. Dont think any other Triumphs use same type.  SW Motech still do a centre stand kit as well I believe
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Trying to cross reference parts number between the 885i and the 955I is impossible because although the parts are the same the numbers are different.

The major differences are the motor and the headers rev counter and possibly a few electrical bits and bobs.

tri650

I thought I read that the SW Motech would not fit from the 955i - something to do with sump pump.

Timbox2

Quote from: tri650 on May 23, 2018, 03:54:33 PM
I thought I read that the SW Motech would not fit from the 955i - something to do with sump pump.

Hmmm, dunno then but SW Motech list the stand for 99-2004, the 955 didnt arrive till 2001 so ??  Also, as I said the Triumph parts fiche lists the same part no for both, but OK maybe SWM's is different
2016 Tiger Sport

CaptureTheBeer

G'day
The SWMotech stand fits the 955i fine.  I fitted one to my 03 Girly (spoked) about a month and half ago.  No real issues other than getting the springs hooked up.

Disregard above I must of been in a fugue when I read through the post.  : :icon_redface:

Cheers Dan

Timbox2

Quote from: CaptureTheBeer on May 25, 2018, 03:36:02 PM
G'day
The SWMotech stand fits the 955i fine.  I fitted one to my 03 Girly (spoked) about a month and half ago.  No real issues other than getting the springs hooked up.

Cheers Dan

We know, but what about the 885 which is what the OP has got
2016 Tiger Sport

John Stenhouse

I can confirm the SW Motech stand fits the 885i, that's why it's listed like it is in their catalogue.

Fitted one to my 885I two years ago now, fits on the frame where the footpegs attach and so is the same no matter what engine is fitted.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

tri650