News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Girly top yoke / triple tree

Started by TR5TRIDER, June 05, 2018, 07:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TR5TRIDER

Having completed servicing the forks on my 2000 885i Tiger and discovered a notch in the steering head bearings and find that I am unable to remove the the top tree from the stem. After looking thru my Triumph factory service manual and finding no reference to a set screw or grub screw I proceeded to try and drive the yoke up and off the stem with a wooden block and hammer. No success! I looked again for pinch bolt / set screw, anything and am unable to see same. Can anyone shed some light on this problem? What am I missing? Hammer not big enough?

Timbox2

Yep, its a PITA, probably just corrosion, from memory I used one of the Gen Triumph headrace spanners on the top adjuster nut under the top yolk and hit it with a hammer, was just enough to push up against the yoke and free it
2016 Tiger Sport

TR5TRIDER

Thank you Tim, I was worried that I was missing something, as I think I recall that on my '96 Steamer there was a grub screw or such on the top triple tree. I therefore shall try to be more persuasive.

TR5TRIDER

A bigger hammer / persuader and the top yoke is off, thanks Tim.

Timbox2

Quote from: TR5TRIDER on June 06, 2018, 01:02:14 AM
A bigger hammer / persuader and the top yoke is off, thanks Tim.

Nice one  :thumbsup
2016 Tiger Sport