News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Trickle charging and side aux socket

Started by p.fishman, November 28, 2021, 01:07:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

p.fishman

Hi,
Does anyone use a winter trickle battery charger? What is a good one, what sort of current do I need, is 2 amp enough? Is there an adapter I can attach to the side accessory socket?

Sin_Tiger

I like C-Tek, XS 0.8 will do the job fine for our batteries, not the cheapest but pretty reliable on anything but a serious dud. Not sure about connection through the accessory socket on a Girly, direct to battery is the most reliable option.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Lee337

I have an Oxford Optimiser which does the job. I bought a Hella connector so I can plug it direct in to the bike socket. The original socket that came with the Optimiser was a standard cig lighter type, but I bought one on line which has an adapter so it fits both Hella and Cig lighter type so I can use it on either bike if I want to (that is once I repair the electrics in the garage)
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

ghulst

I've got three C-Tek XS 0.8'en for the bikes etc. and they all work great. I also love their connector options, so I plug the BMW one into the extra power outlet underneath the seat, had a cable direct to the battery on the Tiger and the Ducati and need to figure out what to do on the KTM, but that will come.
2008 Triumph Street Triple R | Ex Triumph Tiger 900 T400 1993, Tiger 800XC 2011