News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Electrex RR62

Started by Chris Canning, June 13, 2018, 07:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

Just a heads up for the UK guys,i've Had various charging hiccups in recent years which included a replacement from Electrex which may or may not have gone belly up when I tried a lithium battery on the bike and they now consequently have a health warning about such,recently fitted an RR62,I have never known the battery being so well charged and consequently turns the motor over better than any time i've Had the bike in the last 17 years.

HockleyBoy

Worth knowing, will give one a whirl when mine next goes (as we know, its when not if with the Tiger!)
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Chris Canning

They (Electrex) drive me nuts because if you use the search link as in 955 Tiger a couple of
weeks ago it showed RR62 now it shows other offerings but put Tiger and it does grrrrr

You will have to change the connectors but it's no big deal,in actual fact I soldered them because I think they are part of the hassle.

Chris Canning

Rode 250 miles around Wales today electrics Scht themselves again back to the drawing board shame because it's running the best it's ever done otherwise,as luck would have it  I have a spare alternator.

Timbox2

Quote from: Chris Canning on June 22, 2018, 08:45:40 PM
Rode 250 miles around Wales today electrics Scht themselves again back to the drawing board shame because it's running the best it's ever done otherwise,as luck would have it  I have a spare alternator.

Bugger mate
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Thanks heavens for being an ex bike mover and still having all the gear   :icon_biggrin: but on a Friday afternoon with the all going home traffic :icon_rolleyes:

HockleyBoy

What a PITA these electrics are!

If you do go for a new stator, I am running one of these ;-

https://www.mandp.co.uk/triumph-955-generator-stator.html

Its the longest lasting for me so far (and I have been through a few), combined with a Shindengen RegRec and the triumph upgrade connector it seems to be really good, touch wood.

05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Chris Canning

Feck me some kind of understatement that is  :icon_lol:,i've Had a good run over the years and for a multitude of reasons the electrics seem to have lost the the plot!!! As luck would have it as with tools and god knows what else i'm A collector maniac and when things have turned up on eBay I bought them for a rainy day.

I'm still bloody kicking myself for not realising what was going on,on the way home Friday from a great day in Wales and could have probably saved myself 3 hours of going and getting my van and all the Friday afternoon traffic the other side of Bewdley by just switching my lights off!!!!

I have a spare alternator even when fitted it's still the same 13.6 and as soon as I put the lights on drops to under 12.5,I have a newish spare R/R bought 10/15 years ago and change my new Electrex RR62 and bugger me with a ragmans trumpet it's 14.1 with the lights on.

The problem I have electrics apart ithe motor is absolutely singing it's never run better and with a well worn pair of sportsmarts on the Dymags it sticks to road like shit to a blanket and it's all i've Been riding in recent months which is rather ironic considering what else is the garage and in the pipe line  :icon_rolleyes:

HockleyBoy

Despite the odd problem (which you kind of expect after 112k miles) I cant quite bring myself to get rid of mine either as it still does the job I want and is relatively cheap to run and maintain.

Have a look for a shindengen RegRec (usually cheap enough on ebay) , replace the Sasquatch Mod with the Triumph upgrade connector (I think this is it https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/view/T2500676and you should be good to go  :icon_lol:

Chris Canning

I'm sure there will be a next time so i'll Print that off for my file  :icon_biggrin: currently back to 14.2 with the lights on.

HockleyBoy

Ossian

Quote from: HockleyBoy on June 26, 2018, 12:21:52 PMHave a look for a shindengen RegRec (usually cheap enough on ebay) , replace the Sasquatch Mod with the Triumph upgrade connector (I think this is it https://www.fowlersparts.co.uk/parts/view/T2500676and you should be good to go  :icon_lol:
I'm also using a series type Shindengen regulator ( a Polaris part ) and the Triumph link. I'd recommend it as the way to go. Easy to install and steady 14v+ at tickover.

Chris Canning

Scrap that idea Electrex who can be difficult at the best of times now say don't use one sounds a bit like the story of when I fitted a lithium can't use one of those either not with our product!!!!!

Chris Canning

As an update

Having been running the bike on old spares as I posted after handbags with Electrex they sent me a replacement an RR881 which I have had for months fitted it yesterday a very strong 14.3 we'll see how that goes.

Mentioned it in another post a while back but it comes with its own Saskatch mod so wires straight to the battery.

Bixxer Bob

I noticed that when buying one for another bike recently.  Also, the purple wire on their first MOSFET regs, which was an independent voltage sensing wire that connected to the battery +ve,  is now built in so longer necessary.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...