News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Wales visit

Started by GavD, July 12, 2018, 08:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GavD

Thought I'd post a few pics from our little 5 day trip to Wales.

Weather was exceptional, meaning we all got very hot, very quickly, but we shouldn't complain.

Big up to 3pot & jaydub who made the trip to join us.

Jaydub, unfortunately had a clutch rod oil seal issue at the end of friday which meant he stayed at base saturday to investigate whilst we headed out for a few hours before the footie. When we got back he had effected a repair, but unfortunately it didn't hold. 3pot then helped him with a second repair whilst we buggered off to the pub for beer and footie (sorry about that John). Anyway, good news was that he made it home, bad news was that he had to leave a day earlier than planned.

We did 900 miles in the 5 days, taking in some excellent roads thanks to 3pot's local knowledge. We did the mountain road between LLanidloes & Machynlleth 4 times.

Big mistake trying to get into Barmouth on a sunny sunday though, everyone was heading there in their cars which meant it took about half an hour to weave between the traffic. We had to treat ourselves to an ice cream.

Mo had picked up his new 1200 5 days before we left and was still running it in. Lovely bike, bit big for me but it suits Mo. It's got 8 riding modes, but at times I think he got it stuck in 'driving miss daisy' mode!!

'98 Steamer (Black of course), '18 BMW R NineT Urban G/S

GavD

GavD

Timbox2

Nice pics , see you visited my Local (Steelhorse Cafe)
2016 Tiger Sport

GavD

JayDub

Yup! otherwise a great run, thanks to the islanders for the invite  :thumbsup and threepot for his unique and vast knowledge of the best roads in Wales  :notworthy (not to mention his time, assistance and fag packet).
I didn't think a clutch pushrod seal could leak so profusely! - and in such a short space of time.  All sorted now, just waiting for a new oil pressure switch (don't know when that failed :icon_eek:)
Sorry I  missed the burger though... I've never seen three grown men run so fast from an oil leak  :icon_rolleyes:
Here's some more pics...
"When I was younger I could remember anything, whether it happened, or not."

JayDub

threepot

John,the gasket was made from a piece of card paper you found. You also miraculously found a round plastic screwtop that was the same size as the piston in the clutch housing! And one of my cigarette filters,,extra slim i must add,filled the slot in the cover! And a little silicon sealant!😉😉
Did the job,as they say!
95 Super111
96 Tiger

GavD

Quote from: JayDub on July 14, 2018, 08:59:36 PM
I've never seen three grown men run so fast from an oil leak  :icon_rolleyes:
In our defence, we did have a taxi waiting.  :thumbsup

Timbox2

2016 Tiger Sport

JayDub

It is Tim, I have your phone # do you want a link via WhatsApp?

Timbox2

Quote from: JayDub on July 15, 2018, 10:36:24 AM
It is Tim, I have your phone # do you want a link via WhatsApp?

Go on then
2016 Tiger Sport

JayDub