Author Topic: Furthest North?  (Read 880 times)

November 14, 2018, 11:40:26 AMReply #15 on

Online Lee337

• Tiger Cub
  • Activity Meter:
    0.67%
  • nOObie (still)
That's some great pics.

Furthest north I've been on my bike is probably Liverpool & that's when i picked it up although I've been up to the Arctic circle in Finland a few years ago by plane
No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid.

November 14, 2018, 09:37:42 PMReply #16 on

Offline Geoff W

• Cool Cats
  • Leopard
  • Activity Meter:
    0%
Very nice. How many miles/Km between fuel stops? Do you have to take a beacon as on the Labrador road to Churchill Falls?
It\'s ok , this will only take 5 minutes.
96 Pimento Red Steamer.

November 16, 2018, 06:23:30 AMReply #17 on

Offline Sparky

• Tomcat
  • Activity Meter:
    0.22%
  • nOObie
Very nice. How many miles/Km between fuel stops? Do you have to take a beacon as on the Labrador road to Churchill Falls?

Fuel during the summer tourist season is not a problem I think the longest distance I saw sign posted was around 200Kms the distances get greater the further North you go I think a 400Km range will get you between most of the remote fuel stops.  If there was a fuel stop and we were half a tank or less we would always fill up just in case.  My friend in Whitehorse told us one year he was driving South during the winter and planned on fuel at a specific small town on the route he got there later than planned the only gas station had closed for the night and didn't reopen until 8:00am so he had to get a motel and stay the night even though this wasn't in the plan.  Next morning there's a few vehicles waiting at 8:00 for fuel and the attendant slept in and didn't show up until almost 9:00am.

Not sure what you mean by beacon, Spot or Inreach GPS device ?  If so no there is no requirement to carry one although it would be prudent on some of the isolated routes up North.
1998 Steamer. Sold, replaced with a 2016 Africa Twin.
1982 Honda FT 500 Ascot,  1983 Honda VT 500 Ascot