News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rear suspension lower shock mount greasing.

Started by Ossian, November 13, 2018, 10:41:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bostedsprocket

Quote from: Chris Canning on December 11, 2018, 05:11:49 PM
Rubber bung out the swing arm and use a 3/8 extension with a knuckle joint and socket,go in the other side with a torque undo the bolt and tap the pin out.
Easy as that? i know where to come when i want mine doing!!!lol.
If its got titts or wheels it'll give ya trouble!!!

Chris Canning

Oh shit better change address  :icon_lol:

On a serious note do it on a regular basis it's money for old rope if it hasn't been out for 10 years another ball game,but after the bolt is taken out drifting the pin out is just down to using the right size if I remember used along 1/2" extension bar and turned round it it fitted perfect oh and big F off hammer.

Man of you talents easy peezy  :icon_biggrin:

Timbox2

Mine was an absolute C"!""£, not helped by having a knackered Hagon shock on it with the brass bush!!!!! that had seized solid to the pin.
2016 Tiger Sport

VABird

So, Ossian.... this has been done a year now. Any reason not to do it?
Does the grease get to all of the needles effectively?

BTW, mine is an '06 model. Although not easily accessible, I had no real problem getting the shock out & in without removing swing arm. I did remove the mudguard & wheel and lift the bike though. I used a 12" long custom made drift punch, knocking it out from left to right.
I have a Stayintune exhaust if that makes any difference??

EDIT: I just reinstalled the shock (with Ossian's grease fitting mod) and found out you can do it without even removing the tire.
The ride might be fun, but in the great scheme of things, it's the destination that counts.
John 3:16

Ossian

It's been fine with one downside. I have been a bit too clever by half with the angling of the nipple forward to avoid tyre muck, but now I find that with my grease gun having a straight nozzle, I have to shift the hugger for access.

VABird

The ride might be fun, but in the great scheme of things, it's the destination that counts.
John 3:16