Author Topic: Damaged pipe air box to ecu  (Read 185 times)

March 12, 2019, 08:47:20 PM on

Offline PaulScar (OP)

• Tiger Cub
  • Activity Meter:
    0.22%
  • nOObie
I was preparing to remove the tank  on my late model Tiger 955i when i noticed damage to a corrugated pipe which runs from the rhs of the airbox and is a push fit into the rhs front of the control box under the seat. What does it do and is it repairable? or available to replace? It was actually pulled out of the ecu. Had a bit of a lumpy tickover but otherwise seemed fine.

March 12, 2019, 09:21:09 PMReply #1 on

Offline Timbox2

• Sumatran Tiger
  • Activity Meter:
    0.22%
I was preparing to remove the tank  on my late model Tiger 955i when i noticed damage to a corrugated pipe which runs from the rhs of the airbox and is a push fit into the rhs front of the control box under the seat. What does it do and is it repairable? or available to replace? It was actually pulled out of the ecu. Had a bit of a lumpy tickover but otherwise seemed fine.

Barometric pressure sensor pipe, allows the ECU to adjust to different atmospheric pressure, ie altitude. Its available as a spare, for £31 !!!.  Duct tape?
2016 Tiger Sport

March 12, 2019, 09:27:32 PMReply #2 on

Offline PaulScar (OP)

• Tiger Cub
  • Activity Meter:
    0.22%
  • nOObie
Thanks timbox2. Wow somebody knows how to charge for plastic pipe, £31??? I will find a way to repair or bodge it.