News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Damaged pipe air box to ecu

Started by PaulScar, March 12, 2019, 09:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulScar

I was preparing to remove the tank  on my late model Tiger 955i when i noticed damage to a corrugated pipe which runs from the rhs of the airbox and is a push fit into the rhs front of the control box under the seat. What does it do and is it repairable? or available to replace? It was actually pulled out of the ecu. Had a bit of a lumpy tickover but otherwise seemed fine.

Timbox2

Quote from: PaulScar on March 12, 2019, 09:47:20 PM
I was preparing to remove the tank  on my late model Tiger 955i when i noticed damage to a corrugated pipe which runs from the rhs of the airbox and is a push fit into the rhs front of the control box under the seat. What does it do and is it repairable? or available to replace? It was actually pulled out of the ecu. Had a bit of a lumpy tickover but otherwise seemed fine.

Barometric pressure sensor pipe, allows the ECU to adjust to different atmospheric pressure, ie altitude. Its available as a spare, for £31 !!!.  Duct tape?
2016 Tiger Sport

PaulScar

Thanks timbox2. Wow somebody knows how to charge for plastic pipe, £31??? I will find a way to repair or bodge it.